Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

Homelander forced her shoulders down with his hands, sitting her down in his usual spot at the head of the v shaped table

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Homelander forced her shoulders down with his hands, sitting her down in his usual spot at the head of the v shaped table. He strode to the other side of the room, picking up the metal trash bin before walking back and shoving it into her arms.

"What's this for?"

His teeth gritted with annoyance, "you're face has been green since we landed."

"You didn't have to shake me when we flew back..." Safia replied with a deep scowl, resting her head on the side of the metal bin.

"And you shouldn't have to be watched constantly because you can't control yourself, but guess what?"

"Hey Homelander!" The Deep greeted, entering the meeting room while lugging a suitcase behind him. As he walked around the V shaped desk, he made eye contact with the woman sitting in the leaders spot, "oh, hey Safia," he spoke with less enthusiasm as if she were an afterthought. It was smart to do that. Homelander didn't like it when people were too excited to see her. Deep learnt that the hard way before- he was smart enough not to make the same mistake.

"This is how you found Translucent?"

"Have a look for yourself," Deep spoke, pushing the case in front of him and unclasping the locks before opening it in the Homelander's direction.

At the sight of the suitcases contents, the woman cuddling the bin couldn't be more grateful to have it as she emptied the contents of her stomach inside of it.

How was that Translucent?!

"Yeah. Ok, close it," the blonde hero ordered, his attention switching to the sick woman. His gloved hand reached for a box of tissues, sliding it over in front of her.

Her shaking hand pulled out several tissues, wiping her mouth and tears that had fallen from her retching.

The ocean powered supe looked to the roof, wandering over to sit in his usual assigned seat. He'd rather be anywhere else- it was too awkward to be here in between this.

"All right, I got your message. Where is the fire?" Madelyn quizzed, strutting into the meeting room, her heels clicking along the polished floor. Her blue eyes switched to the other woman throwing up, "whats wrong with her?"

"Someone indulged herself at the bar a bit too much," the hero tutted in response as if he were a disapproving father of a drug addicted teen. "And it's not fire. It's water. Just ask my little guppy here. You can show her," he permitted, turning to the Deep and patiently waiting in his chair.

He stood from his chair, walking quickly to the case with his hands behind his back, "well, a very good friend of mine found this,"

"It was a porpoise. A fucking porpoise found this at the bottom of the harbour," Homelander proclaimed as the case was unlocked once more. His shark like gaze found Madelyn, "go ahead, don't be shy."