Chapter 20

Previously on Chapter 19

"Don't worry about it. You're okay... that's what matters right now" I said. My vision grows blurry. I feel my body falling to the side, but before I feel a pair of arms on my waist before I could hit the ground. I open my eyes and smiles. "Mika..." I said, in a soft voice. My surrounding slowly turns dark. The only voice I heard is Mika's as he calls out for me.

Wake up, Y/N!

-It's Just The Beginning-

Mika P.O.V

"We have to get out of here, Mika. We can't let them catch us" Yuu said. I turn my head to look at him and nod my head. I turn my head to look at Y/N, who's unconscious in my arms. I place my arm behind her back and behind her knees. I stand up, carrying her. We start to run, making sure no one is following us. We can't have them catch us.

We ended up by the shed near the beach. I gently place Y/N on the ground after Yuu set up his cloak on the ground. I take off my blazer and drape it over her body to act as a blanket. I take a seat next to her. I lift my hand, placing it on top of her head.

"Thank you for saving Yuu-Chan, Y/N..." I said. I lean down and place a soft kiss on her forehead. "And please wake up soon. I need you... both you and Yuu-Chan are all I have" I said.

I turn my head and notices Yuu-Chan human friends. I click my tongue at the sight of them. But I don't mind them that much, since they've proved themselves and showed that they care about Yuu-Chan. I turn my head away from them, deciding to just focus on Y/N.

"Is she alright?" I heard one of them said. I turn my head to see it's the girl with purple hair. I just hum and nod my head, not really in the mood to have a conversation. She kneels down on the other side of Y/N. She smiles as she watches Y/N. "She looks so peaceful as she sleeps..." she said.

"Yeah... she is" I mumbled. She turn to look at me with a surprised expression. She probably didn't expect me to say anything at all. I look away from her to focus on my girlfriend.

"I heard from Yuuichiro that you're both dating. Is that true?" Another one said. I turn my head, this time the question is coming from the girl with blond hair. I just nod my head, without saying anything. "Congratulation then..." she said, smiling at me.

"Thank... I guess" I mumbled. The two of them smiles at me before finally deciding to give me some privacy to be with Y/N alone. I let out a sigh as I watch Y/N. I move my body to lay down. I place my hand on her cheek and caress it softly. "Please wake up soon" I said, in a hushed voice. I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

***

Y/N P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes to see a roof above me. I glance around the place to see I'm in some kind of old shed. I feel warmth on my hand and turn my head to see Mika asleep next to me, while holding my hand.

"Mika..." I said, in a soft voice. He stirs in his sleeps and slowly open his eyes, revealing his red eyes. Not gonna lie, I kinda miss staring into his blue eyes. But he looks good either way, and I'd love him the same.

A sign of relief spreads through his gaze as he eyes makes contact with mine. He sits straighter as I move to sit up. He quickly move forward, pulling me into his embrace. I smile softly as I wrap my arms around him. I smile softly to myself as I slowly lift my hand, gently tangling it in his soft blond hair.

"You're awake... thank goodness..." he said. He buries his face deeper into the crook of my neck. "I don't know what I'd do with myself if something happens to you, Y/N. Don't you scare me like that again..." he said.

"I'm sorry, Mika" I said, tightening my arms around him. He just buries his face deeper into the crook of my neck as he cling onto me. "But I'm fine now... that's all that matters, right?" I said.

"Yeah..." he said, nodding his head lightly. I pull away from the hug and place my hand on my throat. Mika stare at me with a worried gaze. "You're thirsty..." he said. I turn to look at him and nod my head.

Right at that moment, the door to this room opens. I turn my head to see Yuu and the others. It took everything in me to to not lunged at them. Yuu notices the struggle on my face.

"Are you thirsty? Do you need blood?" He asked. I bit my lips at what he said. He walks over to me and offers his arm. "Go ahead... it's the least I could do after you saved my life" he said. I turn to look at Mika who just nods his head.

"A-Are you s-sure, Yuu? You've given your blood to Mika. If I drink your blood... you'd suffer a lot of blood loss and it would be dangerous for you" I said. He smiles softly at what I said, gently patting my shoulder.

"She's right, Yuu-Kun..." Shinoa said. I turn my head to look at her. She smiles at me as she kneels down in front of me. "Just drink mine..." she said, offering her arm to me. I blink my eyes at what she said. She turn to look at her arm and turn to her. "It's okay. Go ahead..." she said.

I gently grab her arm. I sink my fangs into her arm. I feel her arm tense a little. It must've hurt her. I decided to get a quick drink before pulling away.

I wipe the blood that drip down my chin. "Thank you... and I'm sorry" I said. She shakes her head at what I said, assuring me that she's okay. She gently rub the spot where I bit at. "Here... let me" I said. I grab her hand and place a free hand on top of it, as I heal her bite wound.

"Wow.. thanks, Y/N..." she said. I just smile at what she said. She smiles at me. "Oh right. Here... I got you a pair of clothes. You can get change" she said. I smile softly as a thank you. Everyone leaves the house to give me some privacy to get changed.

Time-skip

Mika, Yuu and I slowly make our way out of the shed. I notice the others gathering outside with our belongings. I carry a backpack on my back, as we slowly approach the others.

"You're late" Kimizuki said. I let out a nervous laugh as Mika retort that they're the ones rushing. Mika turn to me and gently grab my hand as we walk towards them. I turn my head to look at Yuu who shield his eyes a little from the sunlight. I hear Shinoa asking Yuu about his demon.

"Oh, it's alright. It's just sleeping..." he said. He stares at his sword for a while before turning to look at us. "Now let's go! We're going to get Kimizuki's sis back and idiot Guren, too, while we're at it!" He said. I look down at what he said.

Mika turn to look at me, noticing the sadness in my eyes. "And Y/N's mother too..." he said. I turn to look at him as he smiles softly at me. "We'll save Queen Krul too..." he said, voice full of reassurance. I turn to look at the others as they nod their heads, assuring me that they'll save my mother too.

"Thank you... everyone" I said. They smile softly as they huddle together, pulling me into a group hug. I look up at the sky when I feel something hit my cheek. "It's starting to rain..." I said. I close my eyes as more droplets of the rain hits my face. Mother... I'll save you.

The End

A/N: hello Light! I'm ending the book right here. At least, until they released the new season. I hope you're enjoying yourself reading this. Love ya!!!