Chapter 17

Previously on Chapter 16

"Mika... you're dying. You have to drink my blood" I said. He shakes his head, moving my hand away from his cheeks. I guess I can't force him to drink my blood. Seem like no matter how hard I try to persuade him. He'd keep on refusing. I don't want him to get hurt or worse... he could... no, I can't let that happen! But what can I do? How can I help him?

-Mika's Immortality-

Y/N P.O.V

"Mika..." I said, watching in desperation as my boyfriend starts to get weaker. How can I convince him to drink my blood. It may not do much. But at least it would ease his thirst even the slightest.

We both turn our heads towards a direction when there's a noise. Mika stands up just as a child runs inside the store. I quickly grab Yuu and follows Mika inside the store. As I step inside, I realize Mika is pining a kid down. The kid starts crying as he stares at Mika with fear.

"No! Monster!" He yelled. Mika snaps out of his daze and backs away. The kid quickly runs away, without looking back. I place Yuu next to a shelf, leaning his back against it. I turn to look at Mika as he kneels on the ground with his hands covering his face. His body starts to tremble.

I place my hand on his shoulder, making him turn to look at me. He moves his body to lean against mine. I place my hand on his head, gently caressing his blond hair. His body is so tense. It's clear that he never meant to do any harm to that kid. He just couldn't control his thirst any longer. His body is reaching its limit.

"Mika? Y/N?" Someone said. I turn my head to see Yuu has woken up. Mika pulls away from me and turn to look at Yuu. In a blink of an eye, Mika lunges at Yuu sending the two of them sprawling on the floor with Mika on top.

"Blood... I need blood! I'm so thirsty" Mika said, as he tries to bite Yuu. Yuu keeps on trying to push him off. I just watch them, not knowing what to do. Maybe Yuu can convince Mika to finally drink human's blood. But at the same time, I know Mika would be upset if he lose his human side.

"Mika! Snap out of it!!" Yuu said, trying to push Mika off of him. Mika quickly snap out and backs away. He clutch his head as he let out a scream, knocking off a few items from the shelf. Yuu turn to look at me. "Where have you been these whole times, Y/N? You disappeared without a news, and then the next thing we know you're with those vampires" he said.

"It's a long story... I'll tell you some other time. We have to focus on Mika. He..." I stopped mid-sentence as I turn to look at Mika, who's kneeling on the ground. I can tell that his body is gradually getting weaker. "He needs to drink human's blood... or he's not going to make it..." I said.

"I see... you need blood, huh?" Yuu said. He grabs his sword and cut a slit on his arm. Mika gulps as he watch the blood dripping on the ground. Tears starts to stream down his cheeks as he covers his face. In the end, Mika jumps at Yuu and bites his neck. They slowly back away, as Yuu leans against the shelf, with Mika slowly drinking his blood.

"Welcome back, Mika..." Yuu said, placing a hand on his head. Mika pulls away after he had enough blood. He's hunching forward as he let out a soft cough. "Mika?" Yuu called out. Mika slowly turns around to face us.

I watch as his eyes slowly turns blood red

I watch as his eyes slowly turns blood red. The shade of blood that shows he have finally became a vampire. Just like me.

I scoot closer towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Everything will be okay, Mika. It doesn't matter what you are... it's about who you are. And you'll always be Mika..." I said. He just buries his face in the crook of my neck.

I turn my head to look at Yuu. He's watching the two of us. "Why're you staring at us like that?" I asked. He blink his eyes, snapping out of his daze. He glance at Mika and me.

"Well, I'm just surprise. I didn't expect the two of you to know each other" he said. Mika and I share a look. I let out a soft giggle, covering my mouth. Mika shakes his head as he ruffles my hair. I swat his hand, letting out a protest.

"We don't just know each other, Yuu..." Mika said. Yuu stares at him in confusion. Mika turns to me and smiles. He wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his side. "Y/N and I are dating. She's my girlfriend..." he said.

Yuu's eyes practically bulge out at what Mika just said. He points at the two of us back and forth. "Y-You... w-wait, for real?!" He said. I nod my head, smiling at him. Mika places a soft kiss on the side of my head. I turn to him and nudge my nose against his, making him smile softly at me. 

"Okay... our relationship aside..." I said, trying to ease the awkwardness. The two boys stares at me, wondering what I want to say. "We have to do something with our friends, Yuu. Who knows what they'll do to them... they took our sides when we were trying to get you" I said.

"Forget about them..." Mika said. I turn to look at him. He looks away from me. "They don't truly care for you both. They're only trying to use you..." he said.

"But you drink my blood... so?" Yuu said. Mika looks taken aback by what he said, making Yuu laugh at him. "I'm just messing with you. I don't care about that at all. But Y/N's right. We have to help them" he said. He move to stand up.

Mika let out a sigh and stands up. He offers a hand to me. I place my hand on top of his, letting him pull me up to my feet. Mika and Yuu grabs their swords. The three of us leave the market.

"I really don't care about those people..." he said. I turn to look at him. I loop my arm against his, making him turn to look at me. I give him a pleading gaze.

"Please? Those people have been the nicest towards me. They didn't care about the fact that I'm a vampire when they found out about my identity..." I said. He stares at me for a few seconds and sighs.

"Fine... but only those people" he said, looking away from him. Yuu jumps at the two of us, hugging us both.

"Hey, stop it!" Mika said

"Hey, stop it!" Mika said. I just let out a chuckle as I wrap an arm around Yuu's torso. I'm so happy to have them in my life. The three of us will try our best to save the rest of our friends.

*to be continued*