Chapter 6

Previously on Chapter 5

He smiles softly at me. "I'm sure you'll find a way. You're the first one in history that managed to create such drug. You're a genius, Y/N..." he said. The rest of them nods their heads in agreement. I just smile at them, feeling thankful of their encouragements and supports. Yeah... I'll keep trying. I won't stop until I can turn into a human.

-Seperated-

Y/N P.O.V

Guren told us that we should head off towards the western defensive barrier. According to the info he gave us, there are vampires attacking that place. So that leads to us now, inside a car as Nagai drives us to our destination.

Shinoa takes out a pack that's filled with stimulant pills. It will strengthen our strength temporarily. She starts to explain how it works, and warns them to not take more than two pills in one day or it will end up killing us.

"Here you go, Y/N..." she said, handing it to me. I shake my head. "No... I tried that once and it made the vampire side of me go berserk. So I'll be fine the way I am" I said. She hums softly, nodding her head and keeps it inside her pouch.

Everyone is currently talking about why will happen once we reach our destination. I just stay silent, as I lean my back against the van's wall. I close my eyes as I hear something. Even though I'm currently a human. My senses are still as sharp as when I was a vampire.

My eyes widened as I stand up abruptly, startling the others. "What is it, Y/N-Chan?" Yoichi asked. I open my mouth to answer him, but the van loses balance. Everyone quickly grabs a hold of something.

The van eventually crashes. Everyone made it safely, except for Nagai. Yuu and Kimizuki rushes forward to pull him out as the helicopter turns around. The rest of us runs forward and shields them from the raining bullets.

"Yoichi! Shoot that helicopter down!" Shinoa said. Yoichi nods his head and summons his demon bow. He aims it at the helicopter, successfully in shooting it. But as the helicopter crashes onto the ground, it created a large hole.

I wince in pain as I land on the underground. It seem to be a sewage. I turn my head and notice Yuu, Nagai and Shinoa. The others must be trapped on the other side. We got separated a boulder.

"Are you guys okay??" I yelled out, standing up to face the boulder. I can hear their heartbeats from here, but I don't know if they're alright. Their hearts are beating quite fast, probably from the adrenaline.

"Yeah, we're fine!" I hear Kimizuki respond. I let out a sigh of relief. I turn my head to look at Yuu as he assist Nagai. "Do you think you can find a way out?" I asked.

"I'm sure we will!" Mitsuba said. I turn my head to look at the others, then turn my attention back to the boulder. "Good! We need to take Nagai to a nearby temporary shelter to get him treated because of his injuries! We should meet up at the western defensive barrier!" I said. They agrees with me. I turn my head to look at Yuu, as Shinoa helps him get Nagai on his back. We give each other a nod and make our way towards the temporary camp.

***

We finally arrive at the shelter. They have taken Nagai for treatment, and we are informed that he will be alright. I feel relieved that we manage to save his life. Now that we have brought Nagai here, all we need to do is head to the western defensive barrier to meet up with Yoichi, Mitsuba and Kimizuki.

But as we walk passed a tent, I can hear one of them mentioning three people getting attacked by a group of vampire at a Central Park. I turn to look at Yuu with a worried gaze. He returns the gaze and turn to the soldier.

He rushes forward to confirm if it's our friends. The soldier's answer makes me sure that it's them. So we should head to the Central Park to help them out.

"How are you sure that it's them?" Shinoa asked, as we run towards the direction of the Central Park. I turn my head to look at her. "There's no much new recruits, remember? Aside from me, you guys are the only new members of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. So it has to be them..." I said. She hums and nods her head, understanding my point.

I turn my head forward as we are near the Central Park. I can see Kimizuki and Mitsuba struggling to fight them off. I open my palm and allow a set of kunais to appear.

"First, a spear. Then dual swords. Now kunais?!" Yuu said, staring at me in shock. I let out a huff at his reaction. "Really, Yuu? You're more worried about what I use as weapon?" I said.

"Err..." he said, nervously. I hit his head softly, but he still flinched. "Focus! We have quite a lot enemies ahead of us" I said. He let out a nervous chuckle.

"Sorry..." he apologized. I just roll my eyes and runs forward. I jump a good height and throws the kunais towards the vampires. They let out a scream as the cursed weapon instantly turns them into dusts.

"I thought we're suppose to meet up at the western defensive barrier?" Mitsuba said, after we manage to kill all the vampires. I turn to look at her and shrugs my shoulders.

"Yeah, that was the original plan. But we got some information that you guys are in trouble. Actually, doesn't specifically said who... but we have the strong feelings that it's the three of you. So we came to help" I said. They just smiles at me, making me smile softly at them.

"Alright, now that everyone's been reunited again. We should head to the western defensive barrier" Shinoa said. I turn to look at her and nod my head. We turn around and runs towards the direction of our destination.

Time-skip

I can see Guren on the ground. There's a vampire with blond hair stood before him. "Everyone! Take one pill" Shinoa said. They did as told except for me. I keep my focus on Guren.

The blond vampire stabs him in the chest. Yuu gasp at the sight. "What are you doing to Guren?!" He yell out, rushing forward and grab his sword. He stabs the blond vampire. I notice a look of shock in the vampire's face.

"Y-Yuu... Yuu-Chan..." he said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I can hear a shaky gasp escaping Yuu's mouth. They know each other. Could it be that this boy is Yuu's family? The one he told me about. What was his name... oh right,

Mikaela Hyakuya

*to be continued*