Chapter 15

Previously on Chapter 14

I wish I don't have to get involved in this fight. The last thing I want is to hurt the people who have showed me nothing but kindness. I especially do not want to face Yuu and the others, because I know for sure that I'm going to be forced to hurt them... and I don't want that.

-Change Of Plan-

Y/N P.O.V

Mika holds Aiko by the neck. She holds onto his hands, struggling to break free. "Hello, human... I'm going to ask a few questions to you" he said. Aiko turn her head to the side to see everyone else is in the same situations.

"Everyone! This is a Code 284!" She said. My eyes widen as I turn to look at the others. They bite something in their mouth and drops on the ground not long after. Mika shove his finger inside Aiko's mouth.

"You have some kind of suicide pill in your mouth. But I can't let you die yet..." Mika said, pulling out the pill from her mouth. Aiko looks horrified because she can't use the pill to kill herself.

"Torture me all you want, bastard! I'm not gonna tell you a damn th-" she gets cut off by me slamming a hand on her mouth. Her eyes widened at my action. I slowly lean down so my face is right next to her ear.

"Act like you're dead if you know what's good for you" I said in a low tone. I pull away to look at her as she stares at me. I see a look of recognition reflecting in her eyes. I just move away slightly, so Mika can ask her. "We'll let you go if you answer his question quickly..." I said.

Aiko didn't make any noise as she glanced at me. I can see the doubt in her eyes. So I nod my head, convincing her that we meant no harm and that we'd let her go as soon as we have our answer. Well, that is if the others didn't figure out that she's alive.

"Do you know a human name Yuuichiro Hyakuya?" Mika asked. I see Aiko's eyes widening at what he said. Mika pulls back slightly to look at him. "I see the look in your eyes that you do know him... tell me where he is if you want to live..." he said.

"Kill me! I refuse to tell you anything about my comrade" she said. I click my tongue out in annoyance. Of course, she's always been a loyal member from the army. Getting her to give us an answer won't be an easy task.

Mika stands up and have his back facing Aiko. Aiko takes it as a chance to place a blade on his neck. She threatens that she'd kill Mika if we try anything. Since I'm standing close to her side.

"That's useless... vampires don't care about one another. You're wasting your energy" I said. She turns her head to look at me. She seems to recognize my voice. But seems like she still can't figure out who I am.

I lift my hand and take off the mask from my face just a little so she can see half of my face. Her eyes widened as she finally realize who I am. I place the mask back on as I give her a small smile.

"Y-Y/N..." she said, in a low voice that only Mika and I can hear. She turns to Mika and the others in anger. "All of you are monsters... you've turned Y/N into a vampire too" she said, anger is evident in her voice.

"I've always been one..." I said. She turns to me with a shock expression. I walk closer to her which makes her place the blade closer to Mika's neck. I stop mid-way as I stare at her. "It was a drug that helped me contain myself and becomes a human temporarily... but I've always been a vampire from the very beginning. But even so, I never meant to bring any harm. You know me... I've fought for all of you. It wasn't an act. Just tell us where Yuu is..." I said. 

Her eyes soften. She told us where Yuu is. Mika glance at her over his shoulder. "Why did you suddenly decided to trust us?" He asked. She turn to look at me. I can see a look of sadness in her eyes. But she still smiles softly at me.

"Because Y/N is like a sister to me... it's a shock to learn that she's a vampire, I'm not going to lie. But I still trust her..." she said. Mika nods his head at what she said. The two of them puts up an act, as Mika breaks Aiko's arm. I wince at the sound as she let out a pained cry. Mika kick her until she lays down, unmoving.

"I'm sorry, Aiko..." I whispered. Mika gently holds my hand as the two of us was about to walk away. But Lacus and René said something about wanting to bring Aiko for interrogation. Aiko quickly stands up.

"I can't stand it anymore! You're all going to kill me after all!" She said. She stares at me with a pleading gaze. I bit my lips as I try to control my emotion. I summon a cursed kunai and throws it at her, piercing her right on the chest where her heart is. She let out a gasp and mutter a 'thank you.'

I watch in silent as her body collapses on the ground, and her life slowly fading. I feel a single tear escape my right eye, as my back faces Lacus and René. Only Mika notices it because he's standing next to me.

Mika says he wants to check something, and ask for a couple of soldiers to come with him. "Y/N... you're with me" he said. I just nod my head, still not turning around. Lacus and René agrees to his plan and leave with the rest of the soldiers.

Mika gently slips his hand with mine. He give my hand a gentle squeeze as he tries to comfort me. I turn to him and give him a weak smile. I turn to look at Aiko as she lays lifeless on the ground. I smile sadly at the girl who's been acting like a sister figure towards me.

I'm so sorry, Aiko...

*to be continued*