11

When Lo'ak and Kamari got back to the village hell broke loose.
Kiri almost died and was unconscious since.

Neteyam told them that they went to the spirit tree and Kiri seized underwater after she connected to the tree.
The older sully brother also told them that he did CPR to help, which it did but nothing helped Kiri to wake up.

Kamari stood outside and behind the Sully's marui, comforting lo'ak.
They weren't allowed to be with Kiri in there, just Jake and neytiri were by their daughters side.

Jake called sky people to help Kiri and they waited ever since. Kamari thought maybe the tsahik getting to help would be a better idea— it certainly would be a faster one— but Neteyam turned her idea down, not in his opinion but in his father. Jake thought that Ronal wouldn't help them and if she did she possibly couldn't do enough.

"I wish I was there. Maybe I could've done something, or prevented this from happening." Lo'ak mumbled, still waiting for the humans to arrive.

Kamari sighed at this and looked down before speaking to the boy she grew to love "No, Lo'ak. I understand that, but even if you were there it would've happened. There's nothing you can change about it, but you can do something now. Be patient and wait until kiri awakes so you can comfort her and be there for her, make her feel better." Kamari said, placing a hand to his cheek to make lo'ak look at her.

Lo'ak nodded at her words, tears welling up in his eyes again and he pursed his lips as he tried to keep them in.

"Don't hold it in. You can cry, it's good when you do. Don't bottle everything up, please." Kamari said and hugged lo'ak.

Lo'ak wrapped his arms from around Kamaris waist up to her shoulders as he let his tears fall.
He buried his face in the crook of her neck to silence his cries and sniffles to which Kamari rubbed his back in comfort.

The loud engine of a machine broke them apart and Lo'ak wiped his face as he and Kamari looked up in the sky.

A big ship was arriving which meant Kiri could finally get treatment.

Kamari looked at lo'ak and he gave a nod in reassurance, taking her hand before walking on the beach.

Man metkayina swarmed around them and the ship flew lower as it landed, swirling sand everywhere.
Everyone covered their eyes with their hands and arms and slightly fought against the strong wind that came with the ship.

Lo'ak put Kamari a bit behind him to shield her from the sand and wind and when the ship finally turned off everyone lowered their armes.

Kamari watched with big eyes as a door on the ship opened and an avatar jumped out.

Jake approached him and they greeted each other in a 'manly hug'.

Behind the avatar was a human, his face covered by a mask to breath.
He was so small. Even smaller than a na'vi child.

How could such small creatures cause so much destruction? Can't they live like every other species? Can't they adapt to the nature around them instead of adapting the nature?
Can they live just one way? A distraught way? Why do they have to destroy everything they find? They could enjoy what's around them but all they do is destroy it.

Kamari got pulled out of her thoughts as lo'ak tugged on her hand. She saw that the sky people were following Jake to the marui Kiri was held in and Lo'ak and Kamari quickly followed.

They stopped at the entrance of the marui, seeing the avatar and the little human plugging Kiri to some kind of machines.

The two teens took a few steps back and stood by neteyam.

Now they have to wait again for any results and Kamari could feel lo'ak and Neteyam's uneasiness so she decided to speak again "She's going to be okay, I know she will. Kiri is strong and when your sky people can't do anything  than the tsahik for sure can and will. She has more power than those things in there, do not worry."

Kamari looked between both brothers to see them nod to themselves.
Lo'ak placed a kiss on her temple as a thank you to ease his nerves.

"Thank you, Kamari." Neteyam said and gave a small smile which she returned, happy that she could at least do anything.

[<<<<~~>>>>]

It was nerve wrecking.

The two humans were still trying to figure out what's wrong with Kiri and the sun was already beginning to set.

Kamari and Neteyam were standing at the front of the marui and the girl was glad when she saw Ronal coming their way with a basket full of things.

The tsahik entered the marui and Kamari peeked in, seeing Ronal eyeing the sky people and their work.

"I see I'm not needed here." Ronal said and began to step away but neytiri caught her arm.

"You are tsahik, do something."

Ronal thought for a second before looking down at the humans again "Remove those things."

Neytiri turned to the sky people with a bewildered expression "Out! You've done nothing!"

The avatar and the little sky person man hurried to get the things off of kiri's body and when they did they rushed out, Kamari pulling her head back in time.

The girl sighed before walking to the back of the marui and to lo'ak.
Neteyam wanted to follow but he knew they needed a bit of time so he waited before joining them.

[<<<<~~>>>>]

It was sunset. The sky coloring itself in a blooming orange and the sun began to sink at the end of the horizon.

Kamari and the sully brothers were still standing to the side of the marui and waited for news.
Lo'ak told her that she could go and didn't have to be here the whole time with them, that she could rest. But Kamari wanted to be here and be there for lo'ak, Kiri and the rest of the Sully's, which she told him.

Kamari peeked over to Jake and the avatar sitting on a few rocks and talking. She couldn't here a thing from where she was standing but Kamari guessed that the things they did with the machines did something and the avatar was now telling Jake what's going on.

The girl sighed and gave up, turning away from the two men and to lo'ak who was looking at the ground,mucb like neteyam.

Kamari wrapped her arm around lo'ak's waist and pulled him closer, trying to give him comfort again and she gave neteyam a comforting smile as she tried to do the same for him.

She knew the waiting was only making things worse and everyone more tense, but Kamari believed that everything will be fine. Kiri was special, ewya wouldn't let her end that way and Kamari was sure that Kiri actually had great things to do in the future.

Kiri's fate couldn't be this.

AN:

CHAPTER!! WOOCHAU!