7

"Hey what happened?" Tsireya asked as she walked up to Kamari.

"I heard about the fight." The taller girl said, worry lacing in her voice.

"Yeah, Aounung and his friends picked on Kiri and Lo'ak." Kamari explained short.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course. I didn't fight. Me and Kiri just stood to the side." Kamari shrugged.

"You said Aounung and his friends picked on Lo'ak and Kiri. What about you? Did they say something?" Tsireya asked as she knew Kamari didn't include herself.

"I'm fine Tsireya." Kamari smiled and the younger girl nodded.

"I talked to Aounung. He said you hit him." Tsireya said after a short silence.

Kamari rolled her eyes. Of course he did. He always tried to get her into trouble.

"Right, I forgot." Kamari answered sarcastically.

"Did he get any punishment?" The shorter girl asked.

"Not that I know of." Tsireya answered.

Kamari scoffed. He probably said that the two sully boys attacked him first and got away.
She wondered how Lo'ak and Neteyam were doing. If they got punished or not.

[<<<<~~>>>>]

"What was the one thing I asked? The one thing?" Jake said as he and his sons walked into their marui.

"Stay out of tr-"

"Stay out of trouble, right!" Jake cut Lo'ak off.

"Sir, I take full responsibility." Neteyam stepped forward as Jake began to yell at Lo'ak.

"No, you have to stop taking the blame for this knucklehead." Their father argued.

"Sir, Aounung was picking on Kiri and Kamari. Called them freaks." Lo'ak told him.

"Who's Kamari?" Jake asked first.

"She's one of our friends." Neteyam stepped up.

Jake Sully nodded and looked at Lo'ak again "Alright, go apologize to Aounung."

"What?"

"He's the chiefs son." Jake reasoned.

Lo'ak scoffed silently and walked passed his father, out of the marui.

He saw Kamari and Tsireya walking alongside each other as they talked about something.

He walked up to them and saw Kamari scoff, not at his arrival but at something Tsireya said.

"Hey." Kamari turned to him with a small smile.

"Hey." He said back and stood in front of her.

"I'll leave you to be." Tsireya grinned and skipped away.

The two watched her go away before Kamari turned to Lo'ak "How are you feeling?"

Lo'ak craned his neck in a shrugging demeanor "I had better days."

"I bet." Kamari slightly laughed.

"What did your father say?" She continued.

"I have to apologize to Aounung." Lo'ak said, looking down at her.

"What? That's stupid! Why do you? Did you tell your father that Aounung started it?" Kamari rambles. She was about to ask further but Lo'ak put his hand over her mouth "Kari."

Kamari looked up at him, his hand still covering her mouth. Her nickname rolled soft off his tongue and she found herself liking it when he said it.

He slowly took his hand away and started speaking in a low voice "I told my dad what happened, still he wants me to apologize to Aounung and make friends with him." The boy rolled his eyes at the last part.

"That's bullshit." The small girl mumbled.

"I know." Lo'ak whispered.

Kamari didn't know what to say anymore and looked too the side, Lo'ak on the other hand stared directly at her.

He thought she was beautiful and couldn't believe that he almost kissed her. He didn't know if Kamari saw him with different eyes now, she was quieter recently and Lo'ak wondered if it was because of him, because of what he did.

Or almost did.

"Well, I should go now." Kamari said and gave him a tight lipped smile.

"Yeah, you do that." Lo'ak said, rubbing his neck awkwardly because he was probably caught staring.

The girl gave him one last smile before walking away. She felt Lo'aks intense stare on the back of her head but she ignored it, like she always did.
Kamari always saw Lo'ak staring at her, at first she felt uncomfortable with it but now she knew Lo'ak didn't look at her because he thought she was weird, his stare never held judgment.

Kamari thought about what Tsireya said.

Did she like Lo'ak? Does she have any romantic feelings for him?

Kamari didn't know what should happen if she did. Should she tell Lo'ak? Or if he had feelings for her, did he lose them after she pushed him away?

"You're ovethinking. Again."

Kamari looked in front of her and at the source of the voice.

Rotxo stood there, a sympathetic smile gracing his lips.

"Sorry." The girl laughed slightly and looked down.

It wasn't the first time that Kamari was drowning in her own thoughts and Rotxo had to pull her out of them.
But the boy always knew how to distract her from her devilish mind.

Rotxo smiled before a slight frown appeared on his forehead "Everything okay?"

"Yeah. Just lost in thought, you know? The usual." The girl with white strands shrugged.

Rotxo tilted his head to the side and sighed "I know you. And you know me. You can tell me anything." Rotxo stepped closer.

"I know. But I just have to figure something out." The girl told him.

"I can help you figure it out." Rotxo suggested but Kamari shook her head "It's okay, but I'll tell you when I know it."

Rotxo nodded in understanding "Okay. I'm here for you tho. You can talk to me or not talk to me, but I'm here."

Kamari smiled up at him before walking passed the boy. She turned her body around, now walking backwards and saluted him "I'll see you tomorrow." She clicked her tongue.

"See you tomorrow!" He called after her.

AN :

This is SO short!!😭😭😭