8

It was the next day and Kamari walked around the village to try and find Lo'ak.

She hasn't seen him all day, which worried her because she grew used to having him around almost the entire day.

Kamari saw Aounung and his friends coming out of the water.

She walked up to them, holding in a small laugh as she saw the boy's bruised eye.

When they saw her approaching Aounungs friends started grinning, they were probably already preparing themselves to say something.

"Have you seen Lo'ak?" Kamari asked, keeping her eyes on Aounung.

"Oh yeah." One of Aounungs friends said.

"And where is he?"

The boys looked at each other, laughing quietly.

Kamari saw that they weren't going to give her an answer and turned her focus to Aounung again, who surprisingly didn't laugh with his friends "Where is he?" Kamari asked again in a small voice.

Aounung inhaled sharply before looking down at her "We brought him outside of the reef."

Kamaris eyes widened "What?! Why would you do that?!" She lashed out. She couldn't believe them. How could they be so stupid?

Aounung looked down, feeling guilty which he should after the stunt he pulled.

"He could die out there." Kamari looked at the boy in front of her desperately.

"I know, I'm sorry. I didn't think this through." Aounung mumbled and Kamari thought she heard wrong as an apology came out of his mouth.

The girl with white strands swallowed before asking "Where exactly is he?"

"Three brothers rock." Aounung replied.

Kamari nodded "Tell Neteyam what you did."

Kamari didn't wait for an answer before she dived into the water, calling her ilu and swimming off.

[<<<<~~>>>>]

Kamari swam and swam until she arrived at three brothers rock.

She dived down, searching the water for the boy she may had feelings for.

Kamari's eyes grew wide when she saw an akula trying to get through some corals.

She swam around the creature, keeping her distance and saw a familiar blue body trying to get away from the large creature's mouth.

Kamaris heart beat hard against her chest as she swam towards the akula.

She made a sound in hopes the akula would notice her... Which it did.

The large animal turned around and charged at her but Kamari swam down, dodging the attack.

She saw Lo'ak looking at her before he swam towards the surface. Kamari got distracted as she watched the boy swim and the akula catched up to her, it bit after Kamari and her ilu but Kamari evaded it's mouth.