5

Me with my five drafts and three unfinished books right now:

_______________________________________

Kamari sat on the sand, admiring the eclipse.

She loved the quite the night brought with it and would often just sit somewhere and look at the horizon.

She didn't just like the view. She also felt like someone was talking to her, sending her some sort of sign with which she could navigate herself through the world.

She thought that maybe it was ewya helping her on her way, but then Kamari always remembered that the tsahik didn't even think she was one of them so why would ewya help an outsider?

"Hey."

Kamari looked up at the source of the voice and found Lo'ak looking down at her from his standing position.

"Hey." She said back with slight confusion in her tone.

"What are you doing?" The boy asked, trying to make conversation with the girl.

Kamari shrugged "Looking out at the water I guess."

Lo'ak nodded and pointed at the spot beside her "Can I sit?"

Kamari nodded quietly and watched as the sully sat himself next to her.

"Do you like watching the ocean?" Lo'ak asked, not exactly knowing what he should talk about.

"Yeah. It brings me comfort."

Lo'ak nodded and decided to not say anything else as he knew the girl liked the quiet more, still he wanted to get to know her more. He liked that he could observe her and knew what she thought but that's not enough for a friendship

Or more.

"What brings you comfort?" Kamari started, to Lo'aks surprise.

"I dunno know. Never thought about something.. Or maybe there isn't even something that could give me any kind of comfort but whatever." The boy shrugged and Kamari looked at him with soft eyes.

"Maybe you just haven't found it yet." The girl said quietly.

"Maybe." Lo'ak nodded before  furrowing his eyebrows slightly "How do I know that I found it?"

Kamari sighed. How could she explain that? She wasn't good with explanations, she knew that. But she could try to describe it with her usual comforting vocabulary "You will know it. You don't feel stressed or anxious or anything, you just feel at peace. Like nothing mattered. You can find this comfort in a place or an object..