9

Lo'ak and Kamari got off the ilu and signed 'I see you' to the na'vi that brought them back.

Almost the whole clan stood in front of them and as soon as Lo'ak's eyes found Ao'nung he began walking forward only to be stopped by his father.

"Hey, let's have a look at you."

Jake looked briefly over Lo'ak's body, looking at Kamari for a second as well "He's fine!" Jake told the people and they began to dissappear.

"He's fine." The father said, more to himself this time.

Kamari looked up at Ao'nung and their eyes met, a look of regret in the boy's. He couldn't keep eye contact for long and always switched from looking at the ground and Kamari's eyes.

"I pray to ewya that I'll not plug the eyeballs out of my youngest son!" Neytiri said as she hurried towards Lo'ak, who took small steps back and closer to Kamari.

Neytiri made a hand movement to emphaze her words but Lo'ak just pulled his head back lazily, not in the mood for anything of this.

"No." Tonowari spoke up from next to his son "My son takes the blame, the fault is his." The chief said and put his hand on Ao'nung's neck to push him to his knee.

Jake nodded and was about to lead his family away when Lo'ak stopped.

"No. This is not Ao'nung's fault."

Kamari looked between Lo'ak and Ao'nung, seeing the same confusion written on Ao'nung's face that was on hers.

The girl took a step closer to Lo'ak and took his hand in hers, interlacing their finger "Lo'ak what are you doing?" she whispered so no one could hear.

Said boy glanced at Kamari and squeezed her hand before turning to the chief again "I wanted to go, Ao'nung tried to talk me out of it."

No one said anything and after a second Jake took his youngest son, causing Lo'ak's and Kamari's hands to disconnect.

Lo'ak looked back at his girl one last time before he had to follow his father.

Kamari sighed, knowing that Jake's probably going to punish Lo'ak.
The girl made her way to Ao'nung who's parents just walked away.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Kamari asked the clearly guilty boy.

Ao'nung shrugged, debating what to say "I don't know." he whispered.

"Lo'ak just took the blame for you." Kamari mumbled, either to Ao'nung or herself she didn't know.

"I know." Ao'nung mumbled back and they stood in silence for a while before Ao'nung spoke again "Why would he do that?"

Kamari shrugged, thinking about what to answer "If he didn't do it than you'd be in big trouble. I think Lo'ak didn't want that."

Ao'nung shook his head in confusion and frustration "Why?"

"He knows what it's like."

Ao'nung closed his eyes and sighed as he didn't know what to say. They stood there again, just looking at the floor.

Kamaris ears peaked up at the sound of footsteps and she looked up, seeing Lo'ak walking away.

"Can I- uhm-" Ao'nung tried to say as he saw Lo'ak as well.

"Try to talk." Kamari encouraged him and the boy nodded before walking after Lo'ak.

The girl watched as Ao'nung approached Lo'ak and they exchanged a few words before Lo'ak walked away completely.

Kamari debated if Lo'ak wanted  space— which she'd gave him.
Or if he didn't.

The girl looked back at the village where Ao'nung disappeared and  went after Lo'ak.

Kamari found him sitting on the sand and staring out at the sea.

The didn't say anything as she sat down next to him and pulled him into her side, his arms wrapping around her and his head resting on his shoulder.

She didn't know what Jake sully told his son but it didn't take a genius to know that it was something that hurt Lo'ak more than the boy admitted.

Not knowing what exactly happened Kamari was just there for him instead of telling him things that would make  him feel better— because they wouldn't.
Kamari knew that Lo'ak didn't want pitty, so she was just there. A shoulder to cry on. The company that wouldn't tell him what he did wrong but the one that tried to understand him.

And Lo'ak was glad for that.

AN:

It's short but I wanted to upload something..