2

Kamari stood with Tsireya, Aounung and Rotxo on the chore. They waited for the Sully kids to meet them.

Kamari first didn't want to go but Tsireya convinced her. The girls reasons were that her and Rotxo would be there, means Aounung couldn't bully her. Another reason was that Tsireya thought it would be good for Kamari to meet the new family, maybe make friends and all that.

They saw the four sully kids coming towards them and met them half way.
Kamari didn't look at anybody, too afraid that she would meet their judgmental eyes.

"I'm Tsireya!" The girl introduced herself. "And this is my brother Aounung and these are our friends Rotxo and Kamari." She pointed at each.

Kamari looked slightly up at her name and gave them a half smile.
She saw the what seemed to be younger brother tilting his head down to get a better look at her face but she ignored it and looked at Neteyam who introduced him and his siblings.

"I'm Neteyam, this is Kiri, Tuk and Lo'ak." He said and Kamari followed his finger with his eyes as he pointed at his siblings.

The last one was the boy who looked at Kamari, Lo'ak.

She looked at him but he was already looking at her. The girl looked away when Tsireya talked.

"Come, we're going for a swim."

The eight dove into the water and the Sully's looked at the sea creatures mesmerized.

They swam further out but three of the Sully's swam back to the surface.
Kamari noticed that one of them was missing and looked around.

She saw the older girl, Kiri, swim away from them. Kamari looked back at the others, Kiris siblings were swimming down again and Kamari thought about how Kiri could hold her breath longer than the others.
The metkayina girl looked back at Kiri and began following her.
She caught up to the sully girl and gave her a tight lipped smile, not wanting to seem rude but she also wasn't used to social interaction.

Kiri gave a smile back and together they swam to explore the water. The sea creatures gathered around them and each time Kiri would smile so brightly Kamari didn't know if she herself ever smiled like that.
An eel swam towards Kamari, it patterns were a beautiful green.
The metkayina girl held her hand out and the animal glided along her palm, the patterns shining when Kamari touched it. It swam around her waist and when it touched her Kamari had to prevent herself from giggling because of the tickling feeling.

The girl looked at Kiri and saw that the sully girl sat on the sand, her shins underneath her. Kamari watched from a distance as an ilu approached Kiri.

The forest girl smiles and the ilu rubbed its head on her cheek.

Kamari began calling her own ilu and when it arrived she watched Kiri make the bond with hers and look at her.

Kamari connected to her ilu and smiled at Kiri, encouraging her to swim. Kiri smiled back and together they swam around, smiling brightly at each other.

Kamari didn't know when the last time was that she had this much fun.
Sometimes she would swim with Tsireya or Rotxo but this felt different, she felt connected, comfortable. She knew Kiri felt it to by the look on her face.

They got to the surface and Kiri let out a laugh "This is great!"

"Yeah." Kamari laughed back.

"We should go back, they're probably worried." Kamari said as her smile died down.

"Can I just swim around for a bit more?" Kiri asked a bit unsure but Kamari smiled at her "Of course you can."