Shadows of regret

After what felt like an eternity, Khwahish gently extricated herself from Armaan's embrace, longing for a moment of respite. She stood up, making her way towards a glass of water, the coldness of the liquid providing a stark contrast to the warmth she had just experienced. Armaan remained silent, allowing her the space she needed to gather herself.

Armaan's gaze never wavered from hers, his expression a mirror of remorse and determination. The seconds stretched into eternity as they faced each other, both acutely aware of the significance of this moment.

As Khwahish reached for the glass, her voice trembled with a mix of pain and accusation.

Khwahish: (tearfully) Why did you break my heart?

Armaan knew he couldn't hide any longer. The time had come for him to reveal the truth, to lay bare the reasons behind his past actions. He gestured for her to sit, his expression reflecting a mixture of regret and determination.

"Khwahish," Armaan's voice was soft, carrying a depth of emotion that sent shivers down her spine. "I owe you an explanation, and I'm ready to share the truth."

"Why now, mr. chauhan?" Khwahish's voice trembled with a mix of anger and vulnerability. "Why did it take so long for you to come back and face the past?"

Khwahish reluctantly took a seat, her eyes fixed on Armaan, waiting for the answers she had long sought.

Armaan took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts as he prepared to unravel the painful truth that had haunted him for years.

Armaan: (with a hint of anguish) Khwahish, I made a terrible mistake, one that I've regretted every single day. When I left without a proper explanation, it wasn't because I didn't lov...leave. It was because I believed that I was protecting you from the dangers that lay ahead.

Khwahish's eyes widened, a mixture of confusion and hurt etched across her face.

Khwahish: (whispering) Protecting me? From what ?(though her heart skipped a beat of that love thing but there are more things to know )

Armaan's voice trembled with anger and sorrow as he revealed the dark truth that had plagued his past. Khwahish listened in silence, her eyes widening with each revelation.

Armaan: (with rage in his eyes) Khwahish, do you remember that prom night day ....one of my batchmate hitting on you ? 

she nodded..

Armaan: next day i had a huge fight with him ..he took our photos in an inappropriate manner , and tried to misuse them ..His father was involved with a dangerous mafia gang, and he himself became a politician. He knew my weakness, and he used it against me to make me beg for something precious to me. That precious thing was you and Ridaanshi. He fabricated fake MMS videos of you...

Khwahish gasped, her hand covering her mouth in shock. Her eyes pleaded for him to stop, but Armaan continued, tears streaming down his face.

Armaan: (voice trembling) He threatened to release those videos to the world unless I begged him to spare you. I couldn't bear the thought of those intimate moments being exposed, so I did as he demanded. I begged him to protect your dignity, to prevent that humiliation.

Khwahish's tears flowed freely now, her heart breaking as she realized the depth of the pain they had both endured.

Armaan: (his voice filled with remorse) After that incident, I felt overwhelmed with guilt and fear. I believed that you and Ridaanshi were not safe with me, that I couldn't protect you from the darkness that followed me. So, I made the decision to transfer Ridaanshi to a different college, to keep her away from any potential harm.

Armaan wiped his tears, unable to meet Khwahish's gaze. He stood up, his voice barely a whisper.

Armaan : but I made a terrible mistake , I left you alone . i thought i saved you but i'm the only reason of your pain..

Armaan wiped his own tears, a mixture of relief and pain evident in his expression. "You have no idea how many times I've replayed those moments in my head, wishing I could go back and do things differently."

He took a deep breath, his voice filled with determination. "Khwahish, I can't change the past, but I want to make amends. I want to be there for you now, to support you and help you heal, i know you hate me and i deserve it ...i'm not asking for forgiveness, it's my punishment ."

Armaan: (with a heavy heart) I had to leave..., Khwahish, just don't rely on pills please . Sorry , I thought it was the only way to keep you safe from myself at that time afterall you told me I'm devil. (chuckling with pain , he smiled)Take care...

With those words, Armaan turned and walked away, leaving Khwahish stunned and overwhelmed by the weight of their shared past.

Khwahish's heart shattered into a million pieces as she watched him leave. She couldn't find the words to express the storm of emotions raging inside her. The revelation of the fabricated MMS videos, the extent of Armaan's sacrifices, and the realization that he had left to protect her left her grappling with a mixture of anger, heartache, and a glimmer of understanding.

In that moment, Khwahish knew that their journey to healing would be long and arduous. The scars of their past had been laid bare, exposing the pain they had both endured. But amidst the pain, a faint flicker of hope remained—a hope that they could find a way to reconcile their shattered hearts and forge a path towards forgiveness and redemption.

so yeah finally the truth is out ...but wait this is full truth or half....?🤔🤔🤔

wait for my next update to know..

till then take care bbyeee

please vote and comment❤️❤️