3.Unlikely Collaborations

The lecture hall buzzed with the monotony of yet another class, and Khwahish found herself struggling to stay focused. Her mind wandered, preoccupied with thoughts of the upcoming meeting with the seniors. She wondered what they had planned and whether it would be an exciting opportunity or just another mundane gathering.

As her gaze drifted across the room, she caught sight of her friends, saina , aks and samarth sitting a few seats away. Their expressions mirrored her own boredom.

saina leaned closer to Khwahish,  "Khwahish, can you believe we have back-to-back classes like this? I swear, my brain is slowly turning to mush."

Khwahish chuckled,  "Tell me about it, saina. I'm just counting down the minutes until this class is over. I can't wait to see what the seniors have in store for us."

samarth, who had been doodling in his notebook, looked up with a playful smirk. "Oh, I'm sure it'll be something unforgettable. Those seniors always find ways to surprise us."

Khwahish raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Do you know something we don't, samarth? Spill the beans!"

samarth shrugged, feigning innocence. "I might have heard a rumor or two, but you know how it is. Can't reveal all the secrets just yet."

saina playfully nudged samarth, her eyes sparkling with curiosity. "Come on, sam. Don't keep us in suspense. We're dying to know!"

samarth chuckled and leaned back in his chair. "Alright, alright. But promise not to hold me to it. seniors have planned a surprise event included them  for all the freshers. They want us to participate in it "

As they continued their animated conversation, the weight of the mundane lectures lifted, replaced by the anticipation of the upcoming event. 

Khwahish's heart skipped a beat as she watched the senior step forward to make the much-anticipated announcement. Her eyes widened in surprise as she realized that the senior who stood before her, confidently addressing the crowd, was none other than him .

The seniors began introducing themselves one by one, and then it was his turn. His name is Armaan singh chauhan, a last-year student from the Computer Science branch. He surprised them with his oratory skills while announcing a workshop in our branch, which requires cooperation between seniors and freshers to create twelve unique projects in just three months. He emphasized that this would be a valuable addition to our portfolios.

A mix of emotions swirled within her—shock, curiosity, and a hint of apprehension. She had only known him as the person she had a brief, not-so-pleasant encounter with. She had no idea that he was not only a senior but also a member of the Computer Science branch.

Armaan concluded his announcement, leaving the room filled with a buzz of excitement and chatter. Students gathered in groups, discussing the upcoming project and forming teams. Khwahish stood there, contemplating her next move. Should she approach Armaan and acknowledge their previous interaction, or should she let it remain in the past?

Before she could decide, her friends saina, aks  and samarth approached her, their eyes shining with enthusiasm.

 "Can you believe it, Khwahish? This project sounds like an incredible opportunity! I can't wait to get started," saina exclaimed.

aks nodded in agreement. "Absolutely! And having a senior mentor like Armaan sir will surely be beneficial. He's known for his expertise and guidance."

She had hoped that fate would spare her from being mentored by Armaan, considering their  first encounter. She had silently prayed that her friends would choose a different mentor, but her hopes were shattered when saina and aks eagerly volunteered themselves to be mentored by Armaan.

Khwahish cursed her luck and the decisions made by her sweet friends under her breath. How could they invite the devil upon themselves? She couldn't shake off the memories of their first encounter.

Armaan observed the determined expressions on saina  and aks faces and, despite his initial reservations, he agreed to mentor them. He scanned the room, his gaze landing on Khwahish momentarily before moving on. It was as if their past encounter had no significance to him.

Khwahish's heart sank further. She knew she had to gather herself and accept the situation. After all, the project was an essential part of their academic journey, and she didn't want to hinder her friends' progress.

At hostel:-

khwahish pov:-

(On a video call)

Me: Brooooo!!!!

 Simran: What trouble have you gotten into now? 

Me: Remember I told you about that wild blind guy who almost ran me over with his bicycle on the first day? He's my senior from the same branch. 

Simran: (laughs) I warned you not to mess with him, but you are the warrior queen, and now you'll have to deal with him like a real Shani sitting beside you for four years.

 Me: It's just one year, his last year.

 Simran: Then celebrate! Only one year to endure. 

Me: That's the problem, one year. I can't stand him for even a single day. He's bound to unleash his wrath on me. Arghhh! 

Simran: But you have to endure it, babe, so chill. Show him who Khwahish Ahuja is.

 Me: I thought of that, but I can't even speak in front of him, let alone show my face. I couldn't say anything to him that day either. 

Simran: Don't worry. Just chill.

(Ridanshi enters)

Me: Hey, Ridanshi!

 Ridanshi: What's wrong? You look so sad. 

Me: he's my senior, and I had a fight with him on my very first day. You won't believe it, but it's that rude guy on the bicycle. I have to work with him now. 

Ridanshi: Are you seriously hating him after just one day? 

Me: It feels like we've been enemies for lifetimes. 

Simran: Seems like it. 

Ridanshi: Hey, don't worry. If he troubles you too much, tell my brother; he's also in the same branch. He'll set him straight

 Me: That's true.

 Ridanshi: Alright, forget it for now. Let's focus on the workshop. You never know; maybe he'll back down in front of your brilliance.

 Simran: Yeah, you're right. 

Me: Thanks, both of you. Let's see what happens.

❤️❤️

Heyy guys I hope you liked today's update , plzzzz support my book I'm a beginner in this field so plz tell my mistake of had done something wrong in any part of this book .

I'm eagerly waiting for your comments and votes and do suggest me if there's a need to editing....

Have a great day ahead
Be positive and spread love ❤️❤️❤️❤️

- wish_09