Breaking Walls, Unveiling Emotions

Armaan's POV:

After a couple of weeks, I found Khwahish sitting alone on the ground as I was heading to the football match. She appeared lost in her thoughts, and her silence struck me as unusual for someone as talkative as her. I approached her, curious about the reason behind her subdued demeanor, and decided to join her.

Armaan: "Miss Ahuja, what's up? Why are you sitting here so quietly?"

Khwahish looked up, offering a smile but not saying a word.

Armaan: "Can I sit with you?"

Khwahish: "Yeah, sure. Why not?"

She shifted slightly to make room for him, and Armaan settled down next to her. After a prolonged silence, Armaan felt the need to break it.

Armaan: "You know, Miss Ahuja, when something bothers you, it's good to share it. It brings peace to the heart."

Khwahish smiled and responded.

Khwahish: "Do you ever miss home?"

Armaan smiled, reflecting on his own experiences.

Armaan: "Actually, I've never spent much time at home. First, it was a boarding school, and now it's hostel life. But sometimes, I do feel like I've missed out on a lot in life."

Khwahish: "You know, I had never travelled alone before or lived away from home until now. This is my first time. So, I'm feeling a little emotional... but I can't cry in front of everyone."

Armaan asked curiously, noticing the tears welling up in her eyes.

Armaan: "Why not?"

Khwahish: "If I cry in front of them, they'll become emotional too. They depend on me. I am strong, and that's why they are strong."

I felt a pang of sadness seeing this girl who portrays herself as someone strong and playful, yet is vulnerable on the inside. I can't stand to see tears in her eyes. I don't know why, but it's piercing my heart.

Armaan: "You know, Miss Ahuja, you can cry in front of me. I won't judge you. Besides, I'm a stranger to you. You can share your feelings with me."

Khwahish: "No, sir, I'm alright. Thank you." She smiled weakly.

I can't force her, so I sat silently and just to offer some comfort. I understand how it feels to miss someone when they're not there. It hurts.

Khwahish sat there, staring at the football ground with a blank expression. I thought of cheering her up, even though it's not really my style. I'm known for being rude and a bit arrogant, but I can't bear to see this girl, burdened with so much pain in her heart, missing her home.

So, I decided to start a conversation again, to bring her back to the present moment.

Armaan: "Miss Ahuja, do you remember the day we bumped into each other?"

She chuckled, and it seemed like my plan was working.

Khwahish: "Of course, I remember, sir. How can I forget that day?" She laughed lightly.

I joined in the laughter.

Armaan: "You know, I thought you were one of those girls who couldn't even ride a bicycle, let alone a scooter."

She seemed shocked by my statement.

Khwahish: "Seriously, Mr. Chauhan?"

I raised an eyebrow, signaling her to continue.

Khwahish stammered, realizing what she had said.

Khwahish: "I... I mean, sir..."

I laughed, reassuring her that it was alright.