17 ~ Queendom (3)

~ 3 months ago ~

Soyeon's POV 🦁💛

It's been a week since (G)I-DLE was officially registered as a participant of Queendom. During our registration, the staff gave us a simple explanation of the preliminary rounds throughout the show but didn't go too much in detail so as to not spoil the surprise. However, the one thing that they did explain in detail was the finale. It had to be a newly produced song and it would be performed live so they suggested that we start working on it early.

Well, that's why I'm back in my little producing studio again, trying to brainstorm some ideas for our finale song while lying down on my sofa bed. This finale song has to be big! Nothing like our usual title tracks. It is literally our final chance to win the audience over if we even want to think of taking the victory. And the members have once again entrusted me to make our finale. But... how? Suddenly, my phone buzzed.

——— Unread messages ———

soheee: hii unnie!
soheee: the new lion king movie is coming out soon! wanna watch it together? 😆

Oh yes! How could I forget? I've been waiting forever to see the new live-action remake of The Lion King!

jellysy: YES of course! but when is it released?

soheee: next week i think!
soheee: when would you be free?

Oh no... I don't think I would've enough time then. Queendom is starting around the same time and I have to start preparing for the introduction performance as well as the finale song. Damn I really wanted to watch this movie though...

jellysy: ohh...
jellysy: queendom starts next week and i have to start preparing already
jellysy: it's ok you go ahead and watch it without me 🥲

soheee: what?! you've been waiting for this movie to come out for so long though!!
soheee: you really can't go and watch with your sis? 😭

jellysy: sorry... i really want to but i don't think i can 😩
jellysy: i'll catch another movie with you next time sis, i promise! ❤️

soheee: it's ok, i understand
soheee: good luck for queendom!! i'll always be rooting for you ❤️🥳

Ughhh... I threw my phone to the side and grunted in frustration. I've waited so long for the movie to release but now it clashes with my Queendom preparation. On top of that, I can't even fulfil my promise of watching it with my little sister and I feel so guilty because I haven't spent much time with my family due to my busy schedule...

Why must The Lion King movie and Queendom clash? Wait... 'King' and 'Queen'... and lions? Struck with an epiphany, I sat up straight and scrambled to grab my pen and notebook left on the table. If I can't watch The Lion King, I'll be the Lion Queen.

~ 1 week later ~

Queendom has since started and we've all been busy practicing for the preliminary rounds. But time is of the essence as I used whatever spare time I had to keep working on our finale song. I've already spent many sleepless nights in my studio, working till dawn. I didn't mean to though, I just get really carried away when a good idea hits.

Anyways, the main concept and body of the finale song has more or less been established. The story of how the young lion queens rose up to their thrones. The grand homecoming of the lion queens after winning the hard-fought battle. And we will be the victorious lion queens. I've also created a strong, animalistic melody to go along with the lyrics and I personally think it's the best one I've created yet! I don't often think I'm a musical genius, but right now as I'm finishing up the song, I can't help but feel like I've really created a masterpiece. I haven't revealed anything to the girls yet as I want to give them a surprise, but I really hope that they will like it as much as I do!