12 ~ Senorita (1)

Soyeon's POV 🦁💛

After the success of Latata and Hann, the company has finally shown more trust in me and given me my own producing studio. Actually it's just a small personal room in the building, but it's cozy! My electrical piano, writing desk and speakers can just about fit in there, and I also got a small sofa bed so I can take breaks while I work. I've also brought in some anime posters and my Akali figurines to make the place feel more like home.

Right now, I'm in my producing studio(room) working on the next song. Actually, the next album! After seeing how much the fans liked the previous 2 comebacks, it gave me the confidence to write a mini album this time round! Luckily, the company was agreeable with the idea as long as I run through the songs and concepts with them as usual.

A few days ago, I was walking along 양재천 stream when this melody popped into my head. For some reason, it had a Latin vibe to it, but I liked it! The melody also felt like a push-and-pull so I got inspired to write a song about a similar type of romance.

As I composed this new song, I also decided to film some behind-the-scenes as fans were interested in my creative process. Although I'm shy, it's great to know that our fans appreciate my work and want to know more! Thus in between writing, I explained how the song is about the passionate and dangerous love between 2 people even though they just met. I hope our fans enjoy this little documentary video even though I'm kinda awkward at expressing my ideas 💛

{A/N: Please watch "Made by Soyeon" on YouTube to get the full details on how Senorita was created by our dear leader!}

~ One week later ~

Shuhua's POV 🐺🤎

"...so guys what do y'all think?" Soyeon asked.

We were all seated around the dining table as Soyeon told us she wanted to let us hear her new song. Now that the song is over, she wanted to hear our feedback.

"Whoaa it's very... passionate!" Yuqi exclaimed.

"Yea unnie! I didn't know you were so romantic haha!" I chimed in.

Soyeon seemed flustered at that. "Is it too much? Should I tone it down?" she asked.

"I think it's ok! Latin music is in trend right now," Soojin calmly replied, to which Minnie and Miyeon nodded their heads.

"It's definitely a new and interesting concept for us to try!" Miyeon added.

Soyeon breathed out a sigh of relief. "Thank you for your support! If there's any improvements you can think of please let me know," she said. "Also I haven't really thought of the line distribution this time, if there's any parts you want just shout it out!"

Looking down at the lyric sheet Soyeon printed out for us, I scanned each part, wondering which one I should take.

It seems like the others have already thought of which part would suit them the most as they started shouting across the table.

As usual, Minnie and Miyeon wanted the prechorus since they are the main vocals. Soojin, who got known as the "sexy dancer" after Hann, claimed the seductive verses together with Soyeon. That left Yuqi with the "ufufu" bridge and end but she didn't mind since it was cute and she got the whole outro to herself.

"And Shuhua, are there any parts you want? It doesn't matter if it overlaps with someone else, you can still try for it!" Soyeon suddenly asked me.

Looking up, I saw everyone staring at me as they realised I haven't said anything.

"Erm... I think I'll take the wo-o-oh parts. No one has taken those yet..."

"Are you sure Shuhua-ya? It's quite little," Soyeon replied while looking concerned.

I nodded. "I'm fine with it. My Korean is not that good anyway, I think I'll do better with simpler lyrics."

Upon hearing that, Soojin's face lit up with concern. "Does it have something to do with that day at the radio show?" She asked while holding my hand.

To be honest, it did. After that day, some knetz have been writing hate comments about how my Korean is still not good even though I've been here for awhile. I just tried my best to ignore them and stopped looking at social media. But I didn't tell my members because I didn't want them to worry, so I quickly shook my head.

"Nope it's not. I'm fine with easier lyrics for now until my Korean improves. I'll study Korean harder now!" I assured everyone.

I can see that Soyeon still looks uncertain even after what I said but seeing that I'm ok with it, she confirmed the current line distribution.

"Ok, if everyone is comfortable with their parts, please practice them well and we'll start recording next week!"