Chapter 11

Kelly's POV

I guess I did care a little. It's just easier to act like I don't care. If I don't then I don't have to feel like I could have stopped it somehow.

I was running through the woods with my vampire speed. I'm just slightly faster than werewolves. 

I stopped in a clearing and fell to my knees. I started crying. I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

"Why?!" I yelled to no one. "Why me?!" I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks. 

Why did this have to happen to me? Why did I have to be the hybrid? Why did my family have to be like this? Why did they have to leave me? Just why?

Then I heard a growl. I knew that my extra hearing picked it up and that it was actually a really quiet growl. I looked up really quickly and saw a wolf in front of me.

I made eye contact and it growled again. It stepped closer to me too.

I got up and wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"Who's there?" I asked loudly. Of course I knew they wouldn't answer me, but it didn't hurt to try.

The wolf steps out into the clearing. It's brown in color and has red eyes, so I know it's a rogue.

It growls at me again.

I glare at it and I know my eyes turn red, so it knows I'm a vampire.

It seems to think about attacking for a second, then I guess it decided that was a good option. News flash, it wasn't.

It charged and tried to go straight for the kill. Obviously that wasn't smart a smart choice. I simply stepped to the side and it flew past me. I turned around to face it again and it charged as soon as it was standing again. This time when it jumped and was close enough, I put my hands up to it's shoulders and pushed it back. It fell on its back and since that usually takes a second to get back from, I decided to use a spell.

I chanted one of the first spells I learned when it came to fighting off wolves. It forced them to shift back to into their human. Once it was shifted I realized it was a girl, probably about my age.

She was awake, mostly because I added another spell in to make sure she was.

"Who are you?" I asked her seriously. I don't like killing werewolves, let alone anything. But if I have to, I will.

"mmm." She groaned. I didn't push her that hard. "I- I- Imala." 

"Why are you here?" I ask this time.

"I d-don't know." She answers catching her breath.

"You're obviously a rogue." I say to her.

"You're obviously a vampire." She mocks back to me with disgust in her voice.

"Shu-" Then I hear a growl deep in the woods around us. I know there's another werewolf around. I quickly cast a spell that makes her forget about me and shift back. Since I completely erased myself from her memory and she's shifted back, I know she's going to attack me again. 

A few seconds after I'm done she tries to attack me. As soon as she jumps though another wolf collides with her. 

I have to make this seem real, so I make myself pass out.