Chapter 19

Kelly's POV

I didn't pay attention to the time so I'm not sure exactly how long I've been down here, but it can't have been more than a few hours.

I was put into an interrogation room, but they wouldn't come in. I'm not sure why, so I decided to tempt them. Insult who ever it was. 

I was still looking down, I hadn't looked up since they stuck me in here. I said, "Come in." Then I looked up at the one sided window, on my side it's a mirror but on their side its a window. "If you have the guts." 

I insulted their bravery so I knew they would be in here shortly. I was right.

Not even a minute later Xavier came in growling.

"What are you doing here?" He growled out to me.

"Well you know that." I answered back with an attitude.

"No, I don't, so tell me." He growled again.

"My parents died, remember?" I said and he looked sad for a second, but quickly covered it up. "And since I'm not 18 yet, I couldn't stay on my own."

"Why here? Out of anywhere, why?" 

"It's not like I had much of a choice." I glared at him.

"How do I know you're telling the truth?" He asked.

"Well I could show you, but you said not to use magic so."

"Fine, show me, but one wrong move and the guards won't hesitate to kill you."

I stood up from my seat and the guards in the corners of the rooms stiffened.

"Relax," I told them, "I have to be close for this to work."

They did not relax... at all.

"Close your eyes." I told him as I tried to put my pointer and middle fingers on his temples. He quickly grabbed my wrists and held them away from him. 

"What are you doing?" He asked skeptically.

"Just what I said, trying to show you." I said annoyed. Man these people do not listen.

He let go of my wrists hesitantly and closed his eyes. I put my fingers up to his temples again and started whispering the chant. 

I just had to remember what happened and see it all clearly. If I think of something else while doing this then I could mess up and show him the wrong thing.

I showed him exactly what I remembered. 

My mom was on the floor in the kitchen with a gun by her hand. My dad and a woman were in the living room. I called the cops as fast as I could. Since I'm only 16 I still needed a legal guardian, but I had no family other than my parents. The lady that took me said that they had already contacted a foster family for me to live with. The only thing is that they live in the middle of the forest. They had to move me from my families New York apartment to the middle of nowhere in Oregon. I had to get on a plane to get there. The lady said that she was too busy to fly for 6 hours just to leave me with strangers, then another 6 hours to get home. Anyway she said they were going to pick me up at the airport.

I stopped the chant and opened my eyes and backed away from Xavier. It took him a second but when he opened my eyes, he had tears in his eyes.