Chapter Fifteen

Alcina's POV:

All of us have noticed that Nova has gotten significantly angry and more aggressive over the last few days. Multiple times, Bela and I have caught her in the dungeons taking her anger out in the things down there.

Daniela: Are we gonna talk about it or no?

My daughters and I were in the living room, sitting around. Bela and Daniela were reading and Cassandra was laying in the couch across from me.

Bela: Talk about what?

Daniela: Nova. I know you've all seen how angry she is right now.

Cassandra: I've noticed. Kinda hard not to when she's constantly mumbling in Spanish or punching a wall.

Bela: It's out of character for her.

Alcina: I agree.

We were silent again until we heard yelling from upstairs. What shocked me the most was it was Nova yelling.

Nova: I FUCKING HATE THIS BITCH!!

All of us looked at each other, clearly worried.

Nova: I'M BOUTA-

It sounded as though something was thrown against a wall. Something glass.

Nova: CALM DOWN?!? OHOHOHO, I AM CALM!

All of us looked at the ceiling as something else was thrown. This one was solid. I looked at my daughter's, all of them had visible concern, even Cassandra.

Daniela: So.... Who's gonna check on her?

Cassandra: I vote you. Or Bela.

Bela: Uh, why me?

Cassandra: I don't know. You just seem to be good at calming people down.

I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose.

Alcina: Bela, go check on Nova, please.

Bela: Okay.

Bela got up and left the living room.

Bela's POV:

I made my way to Nova's room. I was still hearing things getting throw and stuff breaking and Nova wasn't yelling anymore. When I got there, I gently knocked on her door.

Bela: Hey, Nova?

My voice was gentle and concerned. I heard a loud sigh and movement.

Nova: What's up?

Her voice was annoyed and still held anger and she sounded impatient. I flinched slightly.

Bela: U-Uhm, I just wanted to know if you're okay. You've been throwing things and... yelling.

Nova: I'm fine, Bela.

I was about to turn and leave but I got a slight confidence boost.

Bela: Nova, I'm going to come in, okay?

She didn't respond so I slowly opened the door, half expecting something to get thrown at me but, nothing came. When I opened the door, the room was a complete mess with glass shards everywhere, things turned over, books and things like that were everywhere. Nova was in the corner, facing away from me, her knees up to her chest, her tail wrapped around her waist and her ears were flat.

Bela: Uh... Nova? Are you okay?

She didn't respond, only sighing heavily and gently hitting her head on the wall. I walked over and cautiously sat next to her. She glanced at me but didn't do or say anything. I put my hand on her shoulder to get her attention.

Bela: Nova, can you look at me please?

She turned her head slightly to look at me. I sighed and gently turned her to face me. She didn't fight me and, when she was fully turned, she got on my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist, her tail was around my thigh, her ears still flat and put her head on my shoulder.

Bela: U-uhm, Nova?

I was nervous since no one has ever done this before. I didn't know what to do with my hands, so they were just laying at my side.

Nova: I'm about to commit murder.