Chapter One

Nova's POV

We just arrived in Romania today. Apparently, there's an abandoned village in the middle of nowhere so, of course, my friends and I have to go check it out. So, that's where we are now. In the middle of nowhere. In an abandoned village. With no way to contact anyone.

Sage: It's, uh...it's a lil' chilly, huh?

Deja: Eh.

Nova: Yoshi and grew up in Alaska so, we're used to it.

Yoshi: It could be a little warmer.

I looked around while taking a sip of my Monster. The village sure is abandoned, not a single person in sight. I felt something watching me and looked around and saw a crow looking at me from a tree branch. My left ear twitched and I looked away.

Eden: That is a whole ass castle.

My attention turned to the castle Eden was looking at. It was gorgeous against the sunset.

Nova: Damn.

Eden and the others turned to me.

Orion: Do you have any info on the lords?

Nova: Yeah. Uh, the castle belongs to Miss Alcina Dimitrescu and her three daughters. There's a factory that belongs to Karl Heisenberg, a...reservoir that belongs to Salvatore Moreau and a mansion belonging to a Donna Beneviento.

Sage: Sooooo...who's going where?

Nova: Uhm, so, Alcina hates men and I don't want to go to the reservoir. I was thinking we could split into trios and go to each place. Except the reservoir and the mansion, I want to go there together.

Orion: Sure.

Eden: I don't see why not.

Sage: Sounds better than going together. We can explore more like that.

Yoshi: Mmhm.

Deja: Sure.

Nova: Okay, Eden, Sage and I will go to the castle and you three can go to the factory. Oh, just to be safe, we should be on call together, just in case something happens.

Orion: I actually wanted to live stream this.

Eden: I did, too.

I thought for a moment.

Nova: Maybe four of us should and two of us could be on call together.

Yoshi: I think you and I should.

I nodded.

Eden: Anything else we should know?

I scrolled through my phone for anything else I should tell them.

Nova: Nope. You guys have all your stuff, right?

All of them hummed and nodded. I pointed which way the factory was for Yoshi, Deja, Orion and the other two followed me to the castle. It was getting darker and colder so we moved as fast as we could with the snow being almost up to our knees.

Eden: Jesus Christ, it's cold. So, when we get there, how are we entering?

Nova: The front door. Unless you wanna go through the basement?

Eden: Fuck no.

I laughed a little and we moved through the snow. We agreed that when we get into the castle, Eden and Sage would start live streaming and I would call Yoshi. Speaking of, I would how him and the others are doing.

Sage: Hey, Eden?

Eden: Hmm?

Sage: Why aren't you in your fox form? Wouldn't it be easier to move like that?

Eden: Yeah, it would be, but I don't know where I'm going and I don't want to lose you guys.

Nova: Awe, you care about us?

Eden: I only care about my bunny.

I playfully rolled my eyes and chuckled. After a few minutes, we came to the castle gates.

Eden: Do we start streaming now?

Nova: If you guys want to, you can.

They took out their phones and started streaming, giving their usual intros and explaining where we are and what we're doing. I called Yoshi and asked him to FaceTime me.

Yoshi: Hey, tiger. You at the castle yet?

Nova: Not yet. We're at the gates, though.

I turned my camera around and showed him the gates with the little light the sky provided. He showed me the factory and I was glad I didn't go with him.

Eden: Nova, we should go inside now.

Nova: 'Kay. We're going in now, Yosh.