Chapter Four

Daniela's POV:

Alcina: What are they?

Bela: Uh...we don't know, mother.

Nova's left ear twitched and her tail did a little flick. Eden looked at her and smirked.

Eden: Excuse me, miss.

Alcina: Hmm?

Eden: If you scratch her chin, she'll start purring.

Nova slowly turned her head towards her friend. Eden just shrugged.

Alcina: Will she, now?

Eden: Yes, ma'am.

Mother started to slowly scratch under Nova's chin.

Nova's POV:

I tried not to pur. It felt really good but I did not want to pur in front of a bunch of strangers.

Eden: Aw, c'mon, Nova. You know you want to.

Nova: S-Shut up, Eden.

My tail flicked again and my ear twitched again.

Alcina's POV:

It was cute watching her try not to pur. I knew she was about to when I felt a little rumble against my finger tip. I decided to try using praise.

Alcina: Who's a good girl?

Both of her ears twitched and she looked at me with adorable blue and yellow eyes. I moved my hand and started gently scratching between her ears and she started purring.

Eden: No way, she's actually purring.

Sage: Awww, she never does this.

Nova: D-Don't you dare start recording.

Sage pulled out a little device and pointed the back of it at us.

Bela: What's that?

Eden: Its a phone. It's a form of entertainment.

Eden pulled out her own 'phone' and showed Bela how to use it.

Daniela: Does Nova have one?

Sage: Yeah, it she never lets anyone touch it.

Nova: Because no one needs to.

She pulled away from me and stood behind Sage. She pulled something out of her back pocket.

Nova: I'm texting Yoshi to come here.

Eden: Why?

Nova: Why not?

Sage: Well, you did say-

Nova: Shh.

Sage rolled her eyes and put her arms around Eden, resting her head on her chest.

Eden: So, we're not gonna go explore that other place?

Bela: What other place?

Eden: Nova said there were two other places but she didn't want to go to one because it has water.

Alcina: You must be talking about the reservoir. Honestly, I wouldn't want to go there either. It's so gauche.

Eden: What about Donna's place?

Alcina: Hmm, it's better than the reservoir but still not a place I would want to visit. The owner isn't really...talkative. Shes quite shy and socially awkward. Her doll on the other hand is too talkative and quite annoying.

Nova: Doll?

Bela: Yeah, Angie really is annoying. But, she can be fun to be around, too.

There was a knock on the door and one of my maids poked her head in.

Maid: S-Sorry to interrupt but- Oh, there they are.

Cassandra looked at the maid like she wanted to chase her but stayed still. The maid ducked back out.

Eden: There were people here?

Bela: Just our maids. We saw you guys walking in and told them to hide.

Nova: Yoshi said he'll be here in a few minutes.

Alcina: He?

Nova: Oh, yeah. Yoshi's my twin brother. He's coming with our other friends.

I looked down at the small girl. I really didn't want any man things roaming my castle.

Eden: They aren't that bad. They all have manners and wont cause any problems.

Sage: Mhmm.

Nova: Yeah. If they do, I'll kick they're asses.

Eden: Correction. WE will kick they're asses.

Nova rolled her eyes and put her phone back in her pocket.

Nova's POV:

Daniela walked up to me and glanced from me to my ears.

Daniela: Can I touch them?

I haven't really let anyone touch my ears because of how sensitive they are. Eden looked at us but didn't smirk or anything.

Eden: Our ears are actually kinda sensitive.

Sage: Yeah. We don't really let people touch them, not even each other.

She looked sad and was about to walk back to her spot but I gently grabbed her hand. The others watched with curiosity as I gently guided her hand up to one of my ears.

Nova: Just...don't be rough.

When she first touched my ear, it twitched on its own but after a few seconds, it stopped. I gently leaned I to her touch and started purring again.

Eden: Wow, that's a first. Nova never lets people touch her ears.

I saw Bela walk next to me, silently asking if she can touch my other ear.

Nova: Fine.

Bela started to gently rub my other ear. My tail was flicking every few seconds and my purring got a little louder.

Eden: Hmm.

Nova: What?

Eden: Nothing. It's just weird seeing you let people touch your ears.

Sage: Especially since their strangers.

It was weird letting people touch my ears. It felt...nice, actually. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out. Yoshi texted me.

Yoshi/Nova

Y: Hey

N: Sup

Y: We're outside

N: Aight