Chapter Two

We opened the gate enough for us to get in and walked to the front of the castle. Once we got close enough, I felt like I was being watched by...something. I looked at the other two and they looked at me, clearly feeling the same thing.

Nova: You feel that?

Sage: Like we're being watched?

Nova: Mhmm.

Eden: Yeah.

I pushed the feeling aside and went to the front door. I was about to knock, because I'm not rude, but the door opened on its own. I looked at Eden, who was next to me, and her ears were twitching. Then I looked at Sage whose ears were also twitching. My left ears twitched as we walked in.

Yoshi: you guys in yet?

Nova: Yeah, we are.

I kept my voice low and cautious. The feeling of being watched came back a little stronger. My eras went down and my tail stayed low, too. Eden and Sage had their ears down as well. We walked in cautiously, Eden panning her camera around for her viewers to see. Sage kept hers facing forward.

Nova: I feel...uneasy. How are you doing, Yosh?

Yoshi: I feel fine. A little creeped out but, not like I'm being watched.

I hummed and looked around. I didn't notice when we first walked in but there were lit candles. I tapped Sage's shoulder and motioned to them then did the same to Eden.

Eden: Oh, shit. Look at that. My views keep going up. How about you, bunny?

Sage: Yeah, mine, too.

I looked at their screens and saw that they both had at least a thousand viewers each. I took my earbuds out and put them on so Yoshi and I could hear better. I saw a staircase in front of us and motioned to Eden and Sage.

Nova: Do you guys wanna split up? Since you two can't seem to run without each other, you can go upstairs and I could look around down here.

They glanced at each other but agreed. As they went up the steps, I heard a faint buzzing from, somewhere. My right ear twitched this time and I looked that way. Nothing.

Nova: Bro... I kinda regret coming here. It's sppoky as fuck.

Yoshi: Well, you said Alcina hated men so I couldn't come with you.

Nova: Yeah, I know. Anyways, how's it going with you?

Yoshi: Fine. Orion and Deja split from me so, I'm alone.

Nova: Eden and Sage just went upstairs.

Yoshi: I know you hate being alone.

I hummed again as I looked at the paintings on the wall. there was one that caught my eye. It was of three women.

Nova: Hmm.

Yoshi: What?

Nova: Nothing. I just found a painting. Have you or the others found anything yet?

Yoshi: No.

I heard Eden and Nova talking above me. I felt another presence with me as I entered the kitchen.

Nova: Jesus, I don't like this.

Yoshi: What?

Nova: Every room I go I to, I feel like I'm being watched. I'm alone right now but it doesn't feel like that.

Yoshi: Go into a different room? Maybe we should just meet up and move onto the other place.

Nova: Yeah. I'll go find Eden and Sage. Meet us back in the village.

Yoshi: 'Kay. Nova?

Nova: Hmm?

Yoshi: Be careful.

Nova: I will.