Chapter Fourteen

Nova's POV:

Nova: Uhh...yeah.

Duke: Wonderful! Do you require anything?

Nova: No, we just saw you pulling up and wanted to check it out.

Duke: Well, it certainly is nice to see people in the village again. It's been so long.

My friends left and I glanced at their retreating figures. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

Duke: Your friends seem bored. Especially that fix girl.

Nova: Eden, yeah. She's... difficult.

Duke: I can tell she's a good person at heart. All of you are.

I was kinda touched that he thought that.

Nova: Thanks, Duke. Actually, since I'm here, do by chance have any Monsters?

Duke: I have everything. How many would you like, Miss Nova?

Nova: Just two.

Duke handed me two of my favorite Monsters.

Duke: I won't charge you since you reside with Lady Dimitrescu.

Nova: How'd you... Nevermind. Thank you, Duke.

Duke: Any time, Miss Nova.

I walked away, opening one of the Monsters and putting the other in my backpack. I was heading back to the castle, walking alone because my friends left me. As I was walking, I heard a few branches snap and leaves rustling. My tail flicked and my ears stayed perked.

Nova: Fuckin hate these woods.

My voice was low. I felt like I was being watched and I got my guard up. As I got closer to the castle, the feeling went away.

Nova: Damn.

I entered the castle and took my shoes off, staying in my socks so I could glide in the smooth tiles. I was walking around and heard voices coming from somewhere. I searched for where they were coming from and ended up at the library. I poked my head in and saw Ezra curled up in Daniela's lap while she read.

Nova: Huh...

Neither of them noticed me. I smiled and walked away from the library. I was gliding along the tiles when I felt someone watching me. I looked around and saw a maid watching me.

Nova: Hey.

She didn't answer me. She had a look of disgust in her face as she glared at me. My left ear flicked and my tail curled around my right leg.

Nova: Ciao, anyways.

I looked away and went back to being my dumb self. I still felt her watching me.

Maid: You and your friends don't belong here.

I stopped and looked at her. I had a judgy look on my face as I looked her up and down. She had blonde hair that was in a ponytail and wearing the maid outfit Alcina provided her staff.

Nova: Exsqueeze me?

Maid: You and your freaks don't belong here. I don't know why Lady Dimitrescu even lets you stay.

Oh, it's this kind of bitch. I stood up and looked at her. She wasn't exactly pretty.

Nova: We don't?

Maid: No. All of you are freaks.

I was trying not to laugh. We all dealt with this on a basis in school until our parents moved us to online school.

Nova: What's your name?

Maid: Madison.

Nova: Well, Madison... I don't exactly appreciate you talking about my friends like that. Talk about me all you want but leave them alone.

I said her name with venom but everything else was said normally.

Madison: Whatever, freak.

She leaves after saying that. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I went up to Eden and Sage's room and barged in.

Nova: Vent.

Eden: What happened?

Sage: You good?

Nova: No. Some bitch just dissed all of us and walked away. I've caught her glaring at me before but I don't really care.

Eden: What'd she say about us?

Nova: She called you guys freaks and said we don't belong here.

I was getting visibly upset.

Sage: Oh, dear, here we go.

Days go by and Madison keeps talking down to Nova about her and her friends.

I was in Eden and Sage's room, trying my very hardest not to throw something. I stead I was pacing around, very angry.

Sage: Nova, what happened this time?

Nova: This bitch. She won't leave me the fuck alone.