Chapter Nine(short chapter)

Alcina's POV:

My girls have been gone too long. I was about to go look for them but they came in on...animals. Two panthers and a wolf. Daniela and Bela were on the panthers and Cassandra was on the wolf.

Bela: Are you sure you're okay, Nova?

'Nova?'

I watched as the animals turned into humans, Nova and her friends. I was shocked they could do that but quickly recovered myself as I made my way down the stairs.

Nova: I'm fine, just scarred.

Daniela: Can you show us the video?

Nova: NO! I refuse to rewatch it.

Nova crossed her arms and looked down. The maids came in to take their hoodies and jackets but they kept them. Nova put her hood on and sulked in the corner. I walked over to her and lifted her into my arms.

Nova: Aah! What the fuck?!

I carried her upstairs to my chambers. I set her on my bed and went to change out of my dress. When I got back to my bed, she was still sitting, looking confused.

'What a precious thing.'

I got closer to her and knelt in front of her.

Alcina: Can you turn into a panther for me?

Nova: Uh, can I ask why?

Alcina: I just want to see it.

Nova: Uh...sure. Can you lift me up there?

She pointed to the top of my bed. I raised an eyebrow but lifted her anyways. There was a knock on my door and my daughters entered.

Daniela: Uh, What's Nova doing up there?

Alcina: She's going to shift for me.

She stood up on the corner of my bed frame and stretched.

'There's no way she'll actu-'

She did a back flip and shifted before she landed.  Daniela clapped, Bela smiled and Cassandra smirked. I had a little heart attack but recovered. She hopped back on my bed and laid down with a heavy sigh.

Alcina: Taking over my bed, are we?

She yawned in response. I chuckled and dismissed my daughters. I sat down next to Nova and she moved her head to my lap.  I gently stroked her head, between her ears, the sides of her face and under her chin.

Alcine: Sleep well, kitten.