Chapter 7

Geneviève POV.🧡 

  Today's the day of the parade and Caroline is stressing out everything. The float. Her outfit. What everyone else is doing. How everything is going to look. Her stress is exhausting. She even introduced me to everyone that's part of the council since I will be signing up for the next Miss Mystic Falls pageant.

  "Hey." I hear behind me as I'm waiting for the parade to start.

  "Hey, Jeremy. I haven't seen you in awhile."

   "Well I heard that you been sending all your time with Damon so " he says and I could tell he didn't like it.

  "Yeah, it's bit of a story why." I say and he chuckles and looks to the side like someone else is here then back to me.

  "Isn't he a bit too old for you?" He asks

   "He's way passed a bit but if that's the case isn't she a bit too old for you?" I said catching on to what's going on

   "Geneviève, what are you talking about?" He says taking back.

   "Your ghost friend that's definitely not Vicky. I like her. What's her name?" I say causally

  "Her name is Anna and you can't tell anyone that I can see her. I mean anyone." Jeremy says worried.

   "I won't I promise." I say to him then looks around for her, " Hi, Anna." I say to her.

   "I guess we'll catch each other another time. I have to get in line for the parade." Jeremy says more calm than before.

   "Sure, then you can tell me about Anna." I say

    "And you can explain about Damon." He says before leaving.

    Soon just the person I was about to look for walks up and puts his arm around me.

    "What was you and little Gilbert talking about?" Damon asks me

    "He mentioned about us and I told him we'll have to meet up sometime to talk." I tell him as they are starting to signal the start of the parade.

   "Am I invited to this girl talk?" He asks

  "Of course..." I say giving him hope at first, "...not. I just want to hangout with one of my friends which you don't have to worry about."

  "I just don't want to leave my little witch unprotected in the hands of little Gilbert over there." He says as we see Jeremy's group about the Battle of Willow Creek pass by.

  "I know you're supposed to be my protector but right now there's no threat against me, so stop worrying so much." I say as I feel his level of stress lessen

  "You're right." He says before his attention get brought to the other side of the street. "I'll be right back." He says and leaves

  After he leaves a sudden wave hatred and jealousy surrounds me that it was overwhelming. I looked around to try and find who it was but there were too many people. I couldn't take it anymore that I had to leave from out the crowd.

  As I was leaving from in the crowd a lady stopped me.

   "Are you okay?" She asks as she grabs my shoulder.

    Insteadly I felt a shiver of cold go down my spine like the same fear I felt from when Stefan handed me the bracelet.

   "I'm fine. It's just crowded that's all. I'm not good with crowds." I say trying to seem as calm as possible.

   "I understand, I don't like alot of people myself. I'm Isabel." She says trying to be friendly.

    "I'm Geneviève. Hope to see around, but I promised a friend that I'll stick around and I better go find them. " I say before I leave.