Chapter 64: Back in Time

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry," Aria rubs him on the head "I won't let them get to you, you keep that essence safe."

Zero nods in response as Aria ran out to block a Vermillion warrior from hitting Garmadon.

"Aria?!" Past Garmadon looks shocked

"Why are you here?!" Past Wu demands

"And leave you idiots to protect my little brother," Aria scoffs "not a chance."

"Princess," Past Garmadon says in a disapproved tone.

"Yeah yeah," Aria waves him off

"Vermillion warriors!" Machia calls out and points to them "Attack!"

Past Wu tries to fight them off and is about to be finished off until Kai and Nya destroy the warriors attacking them with their powers.

"You two are here too?!" Aria shouts at them

"Forget that why are you here idiot?!" Kai shouts realizing it was their Aria "And how?!"

"Ray! Maya! You've returned!" past Wu shouts surprised

Kai disguises his voice "Uh, yes. And we've um, studied these warriors. To defeat them, you cannot allow them to reform"

"I thought the forging of the Time Blades exhausted you" Past Garmadon says

"Forget it old man they're here now so just fight!" Aria shouts

"Come on show some respect for your Sensei you little brat!" Past Garmadon shouts back

"You and Sensei G had a different student-teacher relationship for sure," Kai mutters to her

"I was a little rebellious," Aria replies with a laugh

The past Elemental Masters begin to get the upper hand in their fight with the Vermillion. As they're about to finish off the last of the Vermillion, the Vermillion all explode back into their component snakes.

"Why did they stop?" Kai questions as he groups up with Nya and Aria

"Well as a bad guy.." Aria starts off "the stop of an attack means the start of plan B"

"So.. when did you get here?" Nya asks "I thought you were with Zero."

"Yeah, and why?" Kai asks

"In my past I wasn't the one who protected my little brother when the hands of time got him," Aria tells them "I want to fix that."

"Why did the Hands of time have your brother?" Nya asks

"Because Zero had the remaining essence of time," Aria tells them "if they got it, it would make the Iron Doom even stronger.. and If they got it now.. I won't exist as you know me."

Kai and Nya's eyes widen.

"What do you mean?!" Kai freaks out

"The essence Zero possesses now was the one my mother used to turn me back into a baby when I died because of my father," Aria replies "It's inside me now, if they didn't go back in time to get it then they wouldn't have been able to get it in the future."

"Then we better stop that from happening," Nya says determined.

The Elemental Masters watch as the snakes slither up the Iron Doom, entering parts of it in the process. Using the helmets obtained from Blunck and Raggmunk, Acronix and Krux then order the Iron Doom to arise, causing the snakes in the Iron Doom to give the machine life as it then towers over the monastery.

"Argh, seriously? Normal snake samurai are hard enough. How do we stop that?" Jay's mother complains

Past Wu approaches them "You know this enemy. What do we do?"

"I.." Kai looks at Nya who shrugs then back at Wu "I have no idea.." he looks at Aria

"Hm.." Aria stares at the thing "..we fight it"

"That's not a plan" Nya says "that's running in recklessly"

"I'm not plan Aria anymore!" Aria replies "what do you want from me sis?"

The Iron Doom then slams its left arm into the ground and shoots a boulder from its mouth, with the Masters retaliating with their powers. The Iron Doom then moves up, smashing down the front gate and walls of the monastery. As young Wu and Garmadon preform Spinjitzu, the Iron Doom knocks them aside. Kai and Nya then try Airjitzu, but they too are knocked down as they land slightly down the mountain.

"Aria!" Kai shouts "do something!"

Aria transforms into a dragon and the past elemental maters stare at her in shock.

"When did you teach her how to do that?!" Past Wu questions Past Garmadon

"I didn't!" Past Garmadon responds

Aria roars and sores into the air.

"..I think we should back up" Past Wu says

The past elemental masters run back to safety with Kai and Nya following. Aria battles  the Iron Doom, her attacks seem to be affective but not very powerful.

"Kai we have to do something," Nya says in a hushed, panicked, voice "the world is trying to balance their being two Aria's, she's not very strong."

Kai pulls out the Dragon Blade. As the Iron Doom gets close to the Masters, Acronix questions if they should destroy young Garmadon or Wu first when Kai and Nya then arrive, using the Fusion Dragon to combat the Iron Doom, ramming into the Iron Doom.

"Aria we're here to help!" Nya shouts to her

Aria roars in response.

"We don't speak dragon!" Kai shouts

"we need to get the Reversal Time Blade!"

Aria rolls her eyes and charges at the Iron Doom with the siblings following. They try to snag the blade from the Iron Doom but fails. The Iron Doom pulls out a sword from its back and swings towards the dragons.

"Watch out!" Nya shouts

They dodge and the sword hits Aria. Kai directs the dragon over as Aria shakes her head.

"Are you ok?!" Nya asks

Aria roars before nodding. As the Iron Doom turns towards the Masters in the monastery, the Fusion Dragon tries to strike it from behind but is knocked away. The Iron Doom pulls out its second sword, Aria swoops down and knocks it out of it's hand.

The Iron Doom shoots several boulders towards the Fusion Dragon and Aria, but they all miss. Aria breathes dark energy as Kai and Nya use their powers, together the 3 manage to knock Krux and Acronix back away from the controls.

Nya suddenly jumps off the Fusion Dragon and lands with her powers. She then runs down to the forest below the monastery, where she finds something. As Kai shoots a fireball at the Iron Doom, young Wu orders the Masters to distract the Iron Doom.

With this distraction, Aria slams into the Iron Doom, causing it to fall onto the monastery, with Krux and Acronix briefly screaming. They stare down as the Iron Doom's blades fall down the side of the mountain. Using their helmets, they get the Iron Doom back up.

Using his helmet, Acronix activates the time apparatus on the Iron Doom as it opens another time vortex above it. Kai then tries to hit the Iron Doom one more time, but Acronix causes it to dodge his attack as the Fusion Dragon disappears.

Kai starts falling but is caught by Aria. The Iron Doom disappears into the time vortex as it closes behind them. Aria lands and Kai jumps off her back before she transforms back into her human form.

"Guys!" Nya runs over

"I've failed everyone" Kai looks down "I couldn't stop them."

"It's alright Kai," Aria places her hand on his shoulder "We haven't lost yet."

"We can't get back in time!" Kai shouts frustrated "They got away and we can't stop them from returning and destroying everything!"