𝟒𝟎 || 𝐔𝐧𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭

Start from the beginning

Him and I, we were something and nothing at the same time.

We were something every time his lips claimed mines, his body intertwining with mine behind closed doors as If I was his. He talked to me as If I was his and he was mine even though I was promised to his brother. We were something in these little stolen moments.
He gave me peace in a life full of war, taking my pain away with each kiss.

But most of the time we were nothing, strangers who knew each other's bodies a little too well. He was my bodyguard, my fiancé's brother, nothing else, and I? I was nothing to him.

Almost. That's what we were. Never nothing and almost something.

My heels stopped in front of the painfully familiar door guarded by three bodyguards. I didn't have to tell them to move, I gave him one look at they were out of my way without asking questions. I burst into the room, closing the door behind me.

I forced myself to look up, only to find Maddux in the same position I left him the day before. Not that he has much choice where to go, being handcuffed to the bed.

The room felt cold, despite the warm weather outside. I was freezing in the presence of Maddox, who hadn't even looked up yet, even though he can sense me. He knows I'm here, he just chooses to ignore me. He was sitting on the bed, his head stuck down, his black shaggy hair falling in front of his face, hiding his beautiful face from me.

I told myself I'll stay away from him, and make this easier for me, and yet here I am. I couldn't stay away, I was dumb to think I can sit back and just watch my father take away his life. No, I can't do that.

We sat in complete silence, him still ignoring me, making the minutes we had left together even more excruciating.

I took a deep breath, before speaking in a shaky voice "Do you need any more food or water?" I asked a stupid question, seeing that he hadn't even touched the food and water placed next to him. You're so fucking dumb, Allyn.

Silence. Ignorance, as if I'm not here.

I took a few steps towards the bed and as soon as he heard my heels approaching him, he raised his head sharply, staring into me with his black eyes, making me shiver to death. His look was full of rage, something I had never seen before. Crazy, angry, callous piercing into me as If I'm no one who deserves to be in his presence. I'm nothing.

"Don't come any closer" his voice was deep, full of malice and coldness, making me freeze in place with his command.

He seemed disgusted and irritated by my presence, and that just drove extra blades into me. He fell silent again as if waiting impatiently for me to leave the room and never come back. That wasn't the Maddox I kissed yesterday. Not even close.

It wasn't the Maddox who told me he's not capable of hating me, because, in this damn moment, it feels like he does hate me. He wants me away, far away from him.

"We found out where your father is hiding" my voice echoed in the space, but it still wasn't enough to keep Maddox's attention on me. He shook his head, his lips forming into a small smile before he looked away, clenching his jaw almost disappointed.

"Good for you" he muttered almost under his breath "Finally you will get the revenge you desire"

My revenge. The reason he's into this fucked up situation. Beaten, tortured, and handcuffed.