34

"What color did you and Daisy settle on?" Chris questioned as he looked over at his brother sitting next to him.

Daisy, Lilliana , and Alahna were off looking for dresses in the store they were sitting in.

Nick went to go buy them Auntie Annie's pretzels because they had already been there for 2 hours.

"She wants either a pink or a black dress. She'll look good in anything but she's insistent on finding the perfect one. Either way I'm wearing a black suit with a pink button up," Matt replied as he leaned back on the wall behind them.

"Cut out the corny shit," Chris laughed and shook his head.

"Act like that wasn't you and Alex," Matt raised his eyebrows and gave him a look. "Speaking of, have you talked to her recently?"

Chris looked away from his brother.

"Not since the party."

"What!" Mat exclaimed as he leaned forward with a surprised look on his face.

"We've just been avoiding each other so she's been avoiding the whole friend group too," Chris lifted his hat up and ran a hand through his hair. "I feel bad."

Matt nodded in agreement.

"You never told me who ended stuff with who though."

"She ended it with me,' Chris replied as he placed his hat back on his head with his face turning red.

A teasing smile appeared on Matt's face.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes," Chris grunted as he brought his lips into a straight line.

Matt grabbed his chest and busted out laughing. 

"It's not funny."

"Dud yes it is! You were supposed to end stuff with her before the party! Then she ended up doing it to you!"

Matt was going hysterical in the dress shop.

People nearby were turning to look at the two of them.

"I didn't do it because I wanted to see if I could like her. She realized I wasn't feeling it and ended it. She did the hard part for me honestly," Chris replied as he crossed his arms.

"She realized you were totally jealous of Lilliana and Roman," Matt chuckled as he shook his head at his brother. "You have go to be better at hiding your feelings."

Chris huffed and leaned his head on the wall as he shut his eyes.

"How do you do that when the girl you've been in love with forever is cuddling up with another guy? Especially when she belongs with you."

Matt put his hands up in the air and joking backed away.

"Woah there big guy. She belongs with you? You didn't walk until this year."

"Shut up," Chris huffed and rubbed a hand over his face. "She would just look her best with me."

Matt hummed and nodded his head.

"Why don't you tell her that?"

Chris opened his eyes and looked at his brother with an 'are you serious' look.

"Yeah let me just call fucking Elon Musk while I'm at it."

"Dude just fucking tell her and get your closure. She actually might like you back and if she doesn't, at least you know to stop wasting your time." Matt ran a hand through his hair as he fought to convince his brother to grow a pair.