1

Chris's POV

"I can't move on, baby doll. Waitin' on calls, flippin' through stations. I'm outclassed and it's outrageous.. and I'll take it all, baby doll. Whatever's been weighin' you down-"

"Watch where you're going, Sturniolo!" Ryan Miller exclaimed as his left shoulder crashed into my entire left side, sending my right shoulder bashing against the lockers, and my books to scatter across the ground.

My music had stopped as my right airpod fell out of my ear and bounced off my foot and to the floor.

I sighed as I bent down on one knee to quickly pick up my books. Everyone in the halls were already laughing.

It was time for lunch, so everyone was in the halls preparing to head to the cafeteria. This was an everyday thing. It was like Ryan was purposefully looking for a way to humiliate me.

Well, It wasn't purposefully, It was convenient for him. I watched as he walked up to his girlfriend and said something that made her laugh.

"Lilliana Larsworth! The one and only! The amazing and magnificent! the-" he was cut off by Lilliana grabbing his face and kissing him.

She pulled away with a broad smile and a laugh. 

I scoffed as I turned away.

Kissing in school?

Corniest thing ever... 

I shrugged off the pain in my shoulder and grabbed my airpod. I gave it a quick wipe on my shirt and put it back into my ear. I double tapped it and Baby Doll by Dominic Fike resumed.

So did my walk into the library.

It was the only place I could enjoy my lunch in peace. Mrs. Ross, The librarian, and I were tight. I had been going in everyday for the past two years. Me being in my last year of high school didn't change a thing.

She lets me eat my lunch there, spend my free period there, and I even help her out from time to time.

She's getting kinda old, but don't tell her I said that. She always recommends good books and we talk about them when I have finished reading them. We have a good relationship and I'm really thankful for her. 

She is really what kept me going.

I have friend, but I have zero classes with any of them. My brother, Matt and Nick, have all the good classes. Not me though.

But, Ryan Miller. The star football player around school. He was more of a star douchebag in my book. Constantly picking on people just because he could.

No one would call him out on it because they were so afraid of what he could do. 

What people he knew could do.

He's dating Lilliana Larsworth. The most popular girl in school and, in my eyes, the prettiest. She's the star of the girl's soccer team.

They were pretty much the picture-perfect high school couple.

But, in reality, it was very much the opposite.

Lilliana was really smart. Meaning, she was in pretty much all of my classes. I say pretty much because she had to drop out of Spanish because Ryan said they needed to have a class together.

Ryan is not very book-smart, meaning Lilliana was in the most basic of Spanish classes. Ryan was kind of controlling. I hear the arguing in front of the library all the time.

Last year, Ryan was yelling at her because she couldn't come to his game. That's because she had her own game. He told her that she was a selfish, inconsiderate, bitch. It mad no sense and it took me everything to not beat the shit out of him.