4

LILLIANA

"Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone. I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run. You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess. It's a love story, baby, just say, yes"

I was quickly walking through the halls trying to get to my psych class, looking over my shoulder every so often. 

Why?

Because I wanted to get to class early..

What a lie.

If I couldn't convince myself, how could I convince Ryan?

I love Ryan, I do. Just sometime I need a break from him. Even when we're in school, He always texts me to skip class to go see him or he makes us walk through the halls together.

It's overwhelming and I just wasn't in the mood for it today. I wasn't having the best day.

I was whispering to "Love Story" by Taylor Swift to myself as I entered Mt. Harrison's room.

I was surprised to see Chris sitting at his desk looking over psych notes while Mr. Harrison typed away on his computer.

Chris bit his lip and narrowed his eyes as he highlighted a line on the paper. 

Mr. Harrison took a deep breath before looking up and seeing me at the doorway.

"Hello Lilliana!" Mr. Harrison exclaimed with a smile.

Chris's head snapped up and he looked over at me.

I took my airpods out of my ears and smiled at Mr. Harrison, then Chris.

Chris gave me a small smile back and his eyes lingered on me for a moment before he looked back at his paper.

"Hey Mr. Harrison," I replied as I walked over to my seat.

"Is it cool if I sit here while we wait for class to start?"

Mr. Harrison nodded but then I could see al light bulb popped up in his head. He looked between Chris and I and pointed his pen at Chris.

"Could you two go pick up copies of a packet for me? We are starting a partner project next week but there's some notes I want the class to have for the test Thursday and the assignment?"

I looked over at Chris and he was already stood up.

Mr. Harrison handed Chris his keycard.

"Just scan this on the printer screen and the papers will come out."

Chris nodded and walked over to my desk.

"Let's go," I said as I smiled at him.

I started to walk towards the door and laugh a little. I gave him a confused look.

"What?"

"Where are you headed with that heavy backpack of yours?" Chris jokingly asked.

I suddenly became aware of my very heavy backpack on my back. I grinned as I took it off and put it on my desk.

We walked out of Mr. Harrison's class room and Chris began swinging Mr. Harrison's lanyard around.

It was a comfortable silence but for some reason I found myself working extra hard to think of something to say.

"I go to Mr. Harrison's classroom early often. I've never seen you in there."

"I don't usually go there." Chris glanced over at me as if he was contemplating whether or not to further explain what he was going to say next.