Chapter 38: Picnic

Start from the beginning

Hunter took a seat when he finished bringing out the dishes. He sat next to Amanda, filling her plate with food.

"Come on eat up" he suggested.

Amanda just quietly started eating.

"I got in contact with your assistant and changed a few things on your schedule so you won't be so busy and you'll get at least two or three days off each week" Hunter announced.

"Why did you change it, the way the schedule was was just okay" Amanda protested.

"I'm just trying to be cautious, had you taken better care of your health I wouldn't be doing this. Speaking of,  I'll be personally handling your meals, I already talked to a nutritionist and he gave me a detailed menu for you, I'll do the shopping for the ingredients myself since things like the vegetables have to be fresh and I don't trust anyone to bring me exactly what I want....."

" I'm going back to work formally next week but I'll still be in the office so Zack can run me up to speed with company affairs but you and I will go to the company together and leave together as well got it on days that I'm not going to the office, I'll personally come to pick you up if by some unexpected reason, I'm not available Zack will take over for me or Brian will," Hunter explained in a businessman like tone.

" hey wait hold on, I know it's none of my business but why are you treating her like a little child, you didn't even ask for her permission when you made all those decisions, I know you are worried about her health but doing things without her consent is just wrong "Skylar explained.

Hunter smiled.

" you are right, it is none of your business"Hunter commented.

'I don't care if what I'm doing is wrong if I don't go to this extent she will just continue doing what she was doing and her health will continue deteriorating'

'No one knows Amanda better than I do, she hasn't changed at all in the slightest over the years'

"But still you shouldn't do that, I'm worried about her just as much as you are but instead of forcing her why don't you just try to be supportive and encouraging," Skylar asked.

"Amanda, do you have a problem with anything I said," Hunter asked.

Amanda glanced at Hunter and then Skylar.

"No, I don't" Amanda answered with an unreadable expression, Skylar couldn't tell if what she was saying was true or not.

"But Amanda —"

"Skylar I appreciate your concern but I really don't mind. Him cooking my every meal and delivering it to me, riding to and from work together, I find it really flattering that he offered to do that even if he has other priorities, and besides despite him saying it like that isn't that what some couples do? Zack drives you to work every morning and picks you up, he also sends food to you, it's the same with me and Hunter" Amanda commented.

"I see, if you're OK with it then I won't press the issue but you shouldn't be scared to say no when you're uncomfortable, it's your life so you have a bigger say in the matter" Skylar advised.