Chapter-32

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

Sirius was uncomfortable. He didn't like the way Marlene left. And he said the same thing to James.

"If you feel uncomfortable, go talk to her."

"But we aren't even dating", said Sirius.

James just shrugged. "Who cares? If you like her enough to be scared of losing her, keep her in your life."

So here he was to talk. The thing was, Marlene hardly talks about feelings. And that's why he loves her even if the 'L' word is too heavy for him. They aren't the type to talk about feelings. They would rather bitch about the wizarding world, the pureblood maniacs, or people in general, depending upon the mood of the day. But the way Marlene left on that day, he felt a pang in his heart which became uncomfortable the more he ignored it. Also, James made it too easy.

What?

Sirius was snapped back to the present with the bark and he had to stifle laughter thinking about how he could just bark. Marlene would punch him in the face, muggle way. "Hi, Mars."

"What?", she said again. "Your boy toy left you."

Sirius splattered. Boy what? "He is not-", he started but he couldn't explain that without actually saying the truth. "Mars, it was just one date, an outing really. You really don't have to worry about him. He is related to Uncle Alphard and I thought it was a good prank", said Sirius, skirting around the topic without lying. Regulus was related to Uncle Alphard, just like him and it was a bloody brilliant prank obviously. It was his idea.

"I am not worried. Also, he was a blonde."

"I know. It was just a joke. It was just a 'Sirius' serious, nothing serious serious", he offered.

Marlene rolled her eyes before glaring at him. "What do you want, Black?"

If he was right, her voice had lost the initial hostility. Good. "Mars, why don't we give a try to whatever is going on between us?"

"What is going on between us, Black?", she retorted, going defensive.

Sirius groaned before sitting down. "Marlene, I know we don't talk about feelings. You know I am the same. But I couldn't brush off the way you left three broomsticks. I don't want to lose you. Not like that. I would just like it if we could give this a try and see where it takes us. I am scared as hell but Merlin, I am even scared at the thought of losing you."

Marlene sighed and sat beside him. "When I went out, I didn't even know why I was so pissed off. It's not like we have been together, right? Yet, I wanted to rip his head off on that day."

"Glad you didn't. It would have been really difficult to explain his family", said Sirius chuckling. His family would kill him for even hurting their precious perfect child. "So, would you like to try?"

Marlene was silent for a long time and Sirius sat there thinking if he had made the right decision or not. He didn't know if he could be in a relationship without screwing up. He had never been in one so, he wouldn't know at all. But he believed he had people who would love to help him. Especially, one James Potter.

Marlene could be a legilimens because she huffed beside him, slapping his head upside. "On one condition though."

"Yeah?", he asked, rubbing his head, and glaring at her.

"If you want to give it a try, you wouldn't say anything to anyone. Keep this whole thing a secret. And that includes your other half, James."

"You want me to keep this a secret from James?", asked Sirius, incredulous. James would read his mind like nobody's business and he didn't even have to open his mouth or lower his occlumens shields.

Marlene pinched the bridge of her nose. "I know the first chance you got, you would go running to Potter and blurt out. I wouldn't even be surprised if you would have declared your love to him instead of me but Merlin, I would hex him into pieces if he would follow me everywhere just because he thinks I am your girlfriend now and his protecting side comes up. It was too much already without our relationship adding to it."

Sirius didn't blame her. Jay did follow him all over the castle because of his overprotectiveness. But Sirius sighed. Maybe they could give this a try and see where this goes before coming clean to James. "Fine. Whatever you want."

The surprised look on Marlene told him that she didn't believe he would agree but the look was replaced with a brilliant smile and he didn't realize how much he had missed this smile of hers or how much he could give up to keep that on her face. She leaned forward and pecked his lips. "Don't worry, Sirius. In return, I wouldn't tell any of my friends too. We can keep this our little secret and enjoy it until we are sure what we are doing."

When Sirius smiled, small and hesitant, Marlene flung her arm around him.

"Also, I would never ask you to leave Potter even if he is being an idiot. I know how much he means to you", she said.

And Sirius was in love with her.

There is a double update today. Wait for the next one. :)