Chapter-9

Hello Fam :)

As promised, the next chap. :P

Happy Reading...

It was an hour before dinner when Lily went to the library. She didn't have anything in particular, just being bored and thought she would grab a book quickly. On her way, she greeted Madam Pince and went in search of a book. Once her eye landed on something interesting, she searched for an empty table but found Regulus instead, hunched over a book. His entire demeanor screamed tension. Taking a detour, she cleared her throat behind him. "Is this seat taken?"

Regulus startled on his place, uncharacteristic to himself. "No", he whispered quietly, before pulling the books aside to make space for her.

Lily sat down and peeked into his book. "What are you studying?"

"Werewolves", he muttered.

Lily nodded but didn't say anything.

Regulus was silent, reading the book for a few more minutes and then he let out a sigh, gaining her attention. "Lily, you know, if werewolves were real, today is the full moon. Would they become savages and eat their friends too?"

Lily shook her head. "You think that?", she asked, before continuing. "Reg, werewolves are real. I have been reading Daily Prophet. Fenrir Greyback, have you heard his name?"

Regulus nodded. "During the holidays. The Malfoys weren't too pleased but for some reason, he was at their party and they seemed pretty close, at least with Uncle Cygnus, Bella's dad."

Lily nodded. "You know, he is a savage, he would do it. But what about the number of people he had bitten and they hadn't chosen that life. They had to live with their fate. It just hurts."

"I know. But what if they are a completely different person and trustworthy. The people around them trust them but then they lose their mind and don't even recognize their closed ones?"

"That scares me too."

Probably, seeing the gloomy look on Lily's face, Regulus closed the book. "I apologize for ruining your mood. I was just writing the essay." When Lily waved him off, he muttered a silent 'tempus' with his wand to show the time. "It's time for dinner. I will leave. I will work on this some other time."

Lily said she would join later.

XXX

It was the full moon and Sirius was bursting with energy. They had a night full of adventures. Soon, Remus would go down to the hospital wing and Poppy would sneak him to the Shrieking shack from the Whomping Willow. The rest of them would join minutes later. Right now, though, Remus was curled up on the bed and James was missing. Peter was doing some last-minute homework and Sirius was carding his hand smoothly through Remus's hair. It probably was soothing as Moony was sleeping. James came right before Remus was supposed to wake up with a house elf on his tow. The house-elf kept the glass on the table and stood beside James. "Master James, do you need anything else?"

"That would be all, Pippy. Thank you."

Pippy smiled and turned to Sirius. "Master Sirius, I hope you are well."

"I thought you didn't see me for a moment, Pips", teased Sirius.

The house-elf blushed but managed to roll her eyes. "Sleep well, Sirius, James. And James's friends." With the last goodbye, the elf vanished into thin air.

"I thought the house-elves are servants to old pureblood families. How is it calling you by your names?", asked Peter, from his bed.

James rolled his eyes. "House-elves are not our servants, Pete", he said, taking the glass of hot chocolate. "They are tied to families; their magic is tied to families. It's complicated. And Pippy practically raised me. Wouldn't make sense if I order her around."