Chapter-19

Hello Fam :)

Here's the double update.

Warning: Nice Black Family feels. :P

Happy Reading...

James was startled from his sleep and sighed in relief on seeing Sirius sleeping in the bed peacefully but Regulus wasn't there beside him. He checked the time and realized it was close to dawn. The idiot might have sneaked off before his housemates woke up. James wanted to burn down the Slytherin dungeon and hide the idiot in their dorm room. Remus might not agree but he wouldn't say anything. Sirius would be jumping around. Peter might be a little scared. He panics a little because of the Slytherins but James would convince him because Regulus was just a stupid nerd, who thought Sirius was the coolest hero when he was a kid and used to follow him around like a lost duckling.

He sat upright when Sirius moaned, fluttering his eyes, before opening his eyes. James was beside him in an instant, brushing his hand on the boy's cheek. "Hey, relax. Take it easy."

"Jay?"

"Yeah", said James and helped Sirius when he tried to sit up. He still needed to rest, thought James. After making sure, Sirius was comfortable, James made him sip water. "You feeling better?"

Sirius nodded. "I got scared."

James brushed his hair. "It's okay. It's normal. I wouldn't let them hurt you again. You aren't leaving my sight again." When Sirius nodded without a protest, he understood how terrified the boy was. Sighing, James asked him to scoot over before sitting beside him, tucking Sirius's head under his arm. Sirius wrapped his arm around James's middle. "Do you remember who they were?"

Sirius shook his head. "I couldn't see. Guess, I am getting rubbish at defence."

"Not your fault. Sirius, are you feeling weak? The magic inside you", asked James.

Sirius was silent for a while. They were taught about family magic. They know what the deal about them was. "You mean Black family magic? It's been faint since I left the house."

"We thought so too", said James, a plan forming in his head. He needed to do it. He stroked Sirius's arm, letting the plan into words. "Sirius, what do you think about blood adoption?"

"What?", exclaimed the boy, pulling away from James.

"Potter magic is equally strong as the Black, if not dark. Let me blood adopt you. You already have the protection of House Potter. Everyone knows it now. This would just make things more magically bound."

"Jay, you don't have to do that. I would be better at being aware of my surroundings", muttered Sirius.

"You are the best, Siri. I need to do this for the peace of my mind", muttered James.

He's right, Sirius.

They snapped their head and found Charles and Dorea walking toward them.

"I should have thought about this earlier. Family magic is important", said Charles. "Underestimated the students of Hogwarts thinking they are just kids. My poor baby." Charles engulfed the boy in his arms as Dorea pulled James into a hug. Breaking the hug, Charles kissed the boy on his head. "We would like to blood adopt you. If you consent that is."

"Mr. P, that wouldn't be necessary. I could just-"

It was Dorea who pushed Charles aside and sat down in front of the boy, holding his hand in hers. "Sirius, love, you are our son in everything that counts. Who needs papers when we already love you? But if by adoption, you would be more secure, we would want nothing more. As James said, it would be for our peace of mind, really."