Chapter-28

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

It was Christmas morning. The Marauders were in the backyard of their house with Sirius's bike as they waited for Charles to study the bike. Charles raised his wand and was doing something, the wand movements very unfamiliar to the marauders, when Misty came along with Lily and Mr. Evans. Sirius got all excited but James put his hand over his mouth to prevent him from speaking. Charles would hex them if he was disturbed. Once done, Charles grinned looking at the boys, and was taken aback seeing the one elder person.

"You must be Lily's father?", said Charles, before forwarding his hand. When Mr. Evans nodded with a grin and shook his hand, Charles pointed at James and Sirius. "Those two brats are mine."

Lily smirked at Sirius and Sirius couldn't keep the grin off his face.

"Is there something wrong with the bike?", asked Mr. Evans.

Charles shook his head. "You should see this", he said, before starting the bike, with his wand on the side. "We were working on this since the boys came home."

He heard Mr. Evans gasp when the bike started flying. "This is brilliant."

Charles nodded and put the bike down. "There are a few more charms to add and then I will let Sirius learn how to fly the bike too. It wouldn't take long since they play Quidditch and he would be allowed to fly through the wizard community."

"This is really brilliant", repeated Mr. Evans before pulling Sirius into a side hug. "I hope you are happy."

"Very", said Sirius with a grin.

XXX

Mr. Evans left soon after as he just came to drop Lily off. Once they had lunch, Sirius took Lily to his room while the three marauders played Exploding snaps. As Lily sat down, she looked around and raised an eyebrow at Sirius. "Never thought your room would be this neat, Black."

Sirius chuckled. "I stay with James in his room all the time. This is just because Mrs. P wants me to have my room."

Lily rolled her eyes and it reminded him of James. "How very surprising."

Sirius waved his hand. "Not the point. I brought you here to tell you something."

"Don't tell me you are finally proposing to Marlene", she said.

"What? Why do you say that?", he asked.

"Oh, I don't know, Black. Because you two are idiots but also love each other enough to stick with each other. I don't know anyone else with whom Marlene would go out and you would spend more than a couple of days."

"Does Marlene love me?", asked Sirius. "Did she say anything to you?"

Lily shrugged. "You know her. She would punch herself than talk about her feelings. I guess the same as you."

"I will think about it okay?", said Sirius because sure, he does like Marlene but hasn't ever thought of being in a relationship with someone.

"Okay. If not that, what's the big grin on your face all about?"

The grin was back in its place. "The Potters adopted me magically. I signed the papers yesterday. I have a family now."

A smile broke out on her face as she pulled him into a hug. "Congratulations, Sirius. But you always had a family in them."

"I know. But this is more official."

Lily broke the hug and nodded. "That's good. Just hope the Potters won't go mad with the combined insanity of you and James."

Sirius rolled his eyes before bumping his shoulders with Lily. "It's just you now, Evans. Get married to James and become part of this family. I can't wait for that day."

"Are you seriously proposing to me on behalf of James?", asked Lily before shaking her head. "No don't answer me. Explains why you share the same brain. Come on, let's go before James comes and accuses me of kidnapping you."

"Can't wait to see your future husband, can you?", he teased and laughed at the slight stinging hex she threw at him.

XXX

It was later in the evening when James took Lily to the library to show her the book of Nature's Nobility. "You wanted to see this."

She flipped through some pages until she reached Godric Gryffindors and was surprised to find Potters's name. "You are related to Godric Gryffindor?"

James shrugged. "Descendants, yes."

She nodded before flipping to the infamous Black family tree. "You are related to Sirius too?", she asked as she rechecked the Potters page which she might have missed during the first read.

"We are cousins. My mother is a Black."

"So, you have known each other since birth?"

James shook his head. "No, when we were four. My mother was one of the few sane Blacks. Hence, she never took me to those pureblood parties until I was four. Even on that day, I don't remember why I was taken but there were many children, maybe that's why. And I met Sirius in the library."

"Right, I guess after that you two never stepped into the library willingly again?", she teased.

"You break my heart, Evans."

Lily chuckled before flipping through some more pages. It was Dorea who found them later.

"Very surprising to find this one in Library", teased Dorea, pointing towards James.

"Mrs. Potter, we were just going through this book."

"You find it interesting?", asked Dorea.

Lily nodded. "I never thought something like this even existed until James told me."

Dorea hummed. "Do you want to take it home?"

Lily snapped her head towards her. "But James said you wouldn't give it outside the library?"

"Not to him", said Dorea, and both the ladies ignored James's protest. "I could give you a copy of this though." Once Dorea made the copy with a swish of her wand, she even wrapped the book neatly before handing it over to Lily. "Consider this my Christmas gift to you."

"Thank you, Mrs. Potter. I would treasure it."

Later in the night, when Lily left for her home, Dorea pulled James beside her. "That's me introducing my potential daughter-in-law to wizarding politics. If you are getting married to her as Sirius said, she would be Lady Potter."

James glared at his mother even though the slight blush on his cheeks ruined the effect. "Mom, we are not even in a relationship."

Dorea just laughed out loud.