Chapter - 2

Hello Fam :)

Warning: Sirius being his Sirius self. :P

Happy Reading...

It was the last Quidditch practice of the semester before the Christmas break and Philip Wood wanted to practice so much that the students couldn't forget during the holidays. The holidays in question were barely a month and most of Gryffindor wasn't even going home, Wood excluded due to some family emergency. Hence their beloved captain asked everyone to assemble on the ground at eight in the morning sharp right after their breakfast.

Waking up for Quidditch wasn't a hardship for the Gryffindor boys but today was different. James was not in his element and Sirius was worried. He woke up early, leaving his best friend to sleep in. Once it was eight and James still didn't bother to open his eyes, Sirius shook his awake.

"James, wake up. We are getting late for the practice", said Sirius.

"Can't we skip the practice today?"

Sirius controlled his urge to gape at the boy and shook his head, keeping his face neutral. "And invite death to our room? Remember, Wood? Our beloved Captain?", he asked, as if anyone could forget their Quidditch-obsessed captain. "He would cut his head off after beheading us. So, just get ready and let me try to jinx him so that he will be an hour late." He rummaged through his trunk as James dragged his feet towards the washroom.

"Padfoot?"

"Hey, Moons. Morning. What are you doing awake? Go to sleep?", said Sirius.

"I am just worried for him", said Remus. "Look after him for me, will you?"

Sirius sighed. "Do you need to mention it, Remus?" James was his brother in everything that counts. He would of course look after him with his dying breath.

"I am sorry. I am just"

Sirius winced recollecting the defensiveness in his tone earlier. It was Moony and Moony always worries about his friends. "I am sorry. Not your fault. I understand okay? I wouldn't let that idiot hurt himself. We are putting that to an end soon but for now, I need to mix this in Wood's fresh pumpkin juice. I can buy James a little time. Blimey, I can do anything in the world. Padfoot be the best."

Remus shakes his head off laughing before pulling the covers over himself as Sirius exits the room. On his way, he caught a redhead disappearing into the Girl's dorm, blankets trailing behind her. Looks like she spent the night in the common room. The pair of idiots he has around himself. Sirius groans before leaving to find Wood.

XXX

When Sirius returns back to the Gryffindor tower, James was throwing his Quidditch outfit haphazardly before his gaze went to the empty couch near the fireplace. Looks like the redhead is actually a reason for his Jamsie boy to look so forlorn. But that raises the question about Lily's mood because if they had a hexing row recently, Lily would be fuming in anger instead of looking heartbroken and lost. When James took moments longer gazing at the empty couch, Sirius grabbed the boy by his shoulder and pushed him towards the said couch. He was evil like that. "Prongsie, breakfast", he said, before taking out a wrapped sandwich from the pocket of his robe which he managed to sneak away for him after putting jinxing Wood's juice.

"I don't feel hungry", said James. "Let's leave for practice."

"Not unless you eat something", he said, waggling his eyebrows at the said sandwich.

"Didn't you say we are getting late and Wood might behead us?"

"True but Wood will be with Madam Pomfrey for a while and you can do something for me until then", said Sirius, taking out the sandwich from James's hand and stuffing it forcefully into his mouth.