Meetings across the Globe (P/5.5)

Start from the beginning

Haruto: The Lesser Ogre tribes showed alot of agression at first, even thinking you were a coward. Thankfully, a little show of power was enough to shut them up.

Haruto chuckled as he recalled the expression of fear on the Ogre he was about to decapitate, that bastard looked absolutely horrified!

Rimuru seemed amused by the events that transpired in the meeting, motioning Haruto to continue.

Haruto: The Mezu and Gozu wouldn't stop arguing, they even had the audacity to think of you as a tool to fulfill their goals...

Rimuru mused at what Haruto told him, he knew the Mezu and Gozu were bold... But this bold?

Kairi also seemed intrigued by what Haruto was saying, setting aside his Manga. Uri, however, was not bothered to listen to what Haruto was saying at all, and continued to read his Manga.

Kairi: I knew the Mezu and Gozu were prideful, but I didn't think they'd be prideful to the point they would view a Demon Lord as a tool.

Kairi spoke in a monotone voice, holding his chin with his thumb and index finger as he stared into his thoughts.

Haruto continued to brief Rimuru about the meeting.

Haruto: I presented three terms to them when the meeting began.

Rimuru: When the meeting began?

Haruto: When the meeting began.

Rimuru whistled, Haruto was pretty bold it seems.

But then again, despite being an Oni, Haruto never really cared about honor.

He's the straightforward type.

You choose to submit and become the Demon Lord's subordinate, opting to live under his protection and receive direct benefits from him.

You enter an alliance with us and agree to help in times of need, especially during times of war.

Finally, you choose to be our enemy. In this case, we will take all of you're Men,Woman and children as captives to serve us.

Haruto: These are the terms I proposed.

All three options benefitted them.

If they became subordinates, Rimuru could use them as however they please.

The second was an Alliance, in which the others entered a non aggression pact with them and agreed to share goods.

The Third was just the first option, except the enemy didn't choose to be subordinates. Slavery, in a sense.

Rimuru: Quite cunning, I'm impressed.

Haruto, although he tried to hide it, couldn't help but form a small smile from his Lord's praise.

Ofcourse, it dissapeared as quickly as it appeared, but Rimuru noticed it immediately.

???: Kufufufu, to receive praise from Rimuru-Sama, it makes me jealous...

Haruto was just about to say Thank you, if not for the fact this voice was completely foreign to him and he did not recognize it at all.

He shifted his eyes to what appeared to be a butler on Rimuru's left side, a man wearing what appears to be royal attire who possessed eyes similar to his Lord.