Chapter Seven | Misplaced Priorities Much?

Start from the beginning

Gal Jii: And how do I make that a 10 out of 10?

Gar Yung-Hee: ...

Gal Jii: My Love?

Gar Yung-Hee: Win today's game for me. Doesn't it start soon?

Gal Jii: I will work my hardest to push my boys to the limit so we win this game in your honor

Gal Jii: Plus beating Ca Jin-Ho now that he's working for the enemy will be wonderful...

Gar Yung-Hee: He's a traitor, I know...

Gal Jii: The best batter I ever worked with... just poof...gone to be closer tov family

Gar Yung-Hee: You can cry about it later, go win the game for me and the kids. I love you

Gal Jii: I love you more

Bu Seok

Oh boy, he's about to leap off a cliff any moment.

I was standing in the locker room with the entire Eagles team and three of the Tae male family members who were chatting up the team about their stats, playing history, and of course, the fact that their daughter/sister was eligible and very attractive.

Something that several players had already taken notice when she was yelling at Kang Il and the current conversation that was sending Kang Il over the edge.

I'm quietly observing as Tae Men's father and two brother basically talk to every single player on the team and show off their numerous family photos and tons of shots of Tae Men, each one making her look more and more beautiful.

None of the Tae males had spoken a word to Kang Il and I had a feeling based on the looks Tae Moon was giving him that it was on purpose.

After the coaches had allowed the Tae males to stick around for the pregame meeting they continued their conversations regarding Tae Men's accomplishments and Kang Il was past the brink.

And then they met Ryan Jae and a Martian would be able to spot the throbbing veins from his forehead.

Deciding to take pity on the man, I pull him aside and lead him out to the field, claiming the need to see the stadium filled with fans from the view of the dugout.

Whether he's appreciative to escape the fawning of Ryan Jae and the proposed blind date between him and Tae Men, he doesn't say.

He stares around the stadium, careful to hide in the shadows of the dug out so reporters can't zoom in on his glowering face.

"I have something that might make you feel a little better."

He lets out a grunt.

"I'm fairly certain Ryan Jae was rejected earlier today."

"So?"

"So, if Tae Men truly cares for you, she'd be able to do the same thing. It is possible. He isn't perfect to everyone."

"That doesn't bother me."

"Yeah, your glares and grinding teeth don't show your annoyance at all."

Kang Il lets out a moan and squats against the wall.

"Why are you being nice to me?"

"Pity," I admit.

"I don't need or deserve your pity."

"Yet it's still present. Amazing what empathy can do, right?"

"If you're gonna be a jackass—"

Kang Il suddenly stands and looks across the field. I follow his gaze and see Tae Men in her professional clothes standing with Ca Jin-Ho to the side of home plate. She's wiping at her eyes, a grin on her face as she stares at him.