Part Forty: The Great Escape - Part One

The door leading out of the room we're in is locked but that isn't a barrier for Ghost. He's a big man, around 6'2 or 6'3, and jacked.

Without much effort at all Ghost is able to body slam the door and break the lock.

"Remind me not to mess with you," say I playfully, widening my eyes as I scan him and the broken door.

He chuckles and winks at me. "A little too late for that, sweetheart."

If we weren't trying to escape with our lives right at the very moment I'd attack that man sexually.

I wish I could see his beautiful face, but he put his balaclava back on.

We're at a disadvantage: no gear, no familiarity with the layout, and no weapons aside from one measly shard of broken glass.

I rip some cloth from my shirt and wrap the bottom of the shard so it doesn't continue cutting straight through me.

Ghost and I both excel at close-quarters combat so I'm confident he can do a lot of damage with just his hands.

Ghost peaks around the now broken door to make sure it's clear and he gives me a thumbs up. We quietly creep out of the room, turning directly to the left.

"Why left?" I ask him.

"After our heads were bagged and we were walked to this room, we made a right turn to get in, which means we came from the left," sighs incredulously, arching a brow expecting me to know this already.

Fuck, I really need to start paying more attention...

"Then we should go right," I suggest.

"I'm sorry?" he scoffs, seemingly baffled considering he just supplied me with an explanation.

"The left leads to the entrance and the walk here wasn't that long. I'm assuming the hostages and Farrah are to the right, or did you forget the mission?" I sigh and arch my brow at him, mimicking his expression earlier.

He turns his head to the side, embarrassed. If it weren't for the mask covering his face I could see his blush.

Haha, got him.

"Right it is then," he nods.

The halls in this massive building are more like endless corridors, without knowing the layout it's easy to get lost.

As we approach the end of the hall we're posed with three doors and four guards spread out between them.

Fuck.

"See those two guards chatting? Since I have the blade I'll make a run at them. Think you can manage the other two?" I ask, keeping my volume to a minimum.

"Yes ma'am." Ghost crouches, using the walls for cover, and makes his way over to one of the guards.

I do the same and wait for his signal so we can take them out simultaneously.

Ghost lifts three of his fingers and slowly puts them down. Once I see a fist we attack.

I stab the first guard up under the back of his neck, use his body as a shield, and throw the blade into the other guard's face.

With grace and pure rage, Ghost takes out the other two.

"What does this make this? Like your 1000th kill?" I tease him.

"1001st," he winks smugly.

Haha. That's the funniest thing his ever-serious ass has ever said.

There are three doors to choose from, but which door first?

"Any suggestions?" I look to my superior for guidance.

"You have good instinct. You pick." He crosses his arms and waits.

Dammit, alright.

"This one." I point to the door on the left.

Ghost nods his head, slowly opens it, and reveals what's inside.

A fucking weapons cache. I'm a fucking genius.

"I'm a fucking genius!" I repeat the words out loud this time, my excitement palpable.

He softly pats my head. "Good girl."

Fuckkkkk me.

He's making it difficult to focus...

We enter the weapons cache and notice there are a couple of cameras. Guess they know we escaped now. But with these weapons, we can put up a fair fight.

I grab throwing knives, flash bangs, an M4 for my primary, and a P890 for my secondary.

Ghost grabs a knife that looks more like a sword, an M4 like a copycat, and an X30 Auto.

We're solid. We got this.

"We probably have a good three minutes before the guards get to us."

"We better get going then," I nod.

We exit the door and have to pick between the remaining two.

Ghost looks at me and again waits for me to make a decision.

He trusts me.

"Middle one I guess." I shrug my shoulders and I turn to open the door but a bullet shoots through, barely missing me.

HOLY SHIT!

Ghost starts unloading his M2 into the door until we hear bodies hit the ground with a loud thud sound.

"You hit?" He worries, grabbing me by the shoulders, and inspecting my body for any wounds.

I shake my head, he relaxes, and we slowly enter the room. It's a surveillance room.

Ah, so that's how they knew we were right outside.

There's a red button flashing which means they alerted everyone of our presence.

From here I shut down all the cameras. If I know anything about powerful people it's that they have more than one "surveillance" room, so better safe than sorry.

After shutting off the cameras we head for the third and final door.

"Ready?" I place my hand on Ghost's shoulder.

"Ready." He swings the door open and to our surprise, we're greeted by a steep staircase heading underground.

The stairwell is dark and gloomy.

Something feels wrong.

As we make our way down the stairs we hear the door behind us swing open. Without hesitating I turn to shoot the three guards that came for us.

"Nice shooting," Ghost praises.

"Told you I could handle this mission," I grin smugly.

He playfully rolls his eyes and we keep going.

At the end of the staircase, we approach another door with a padlock.

We need a code. Damn.

"I don't think you'll be able to knock this one down." I furrow my brows, stating the obvious.

"What makes you so sure?" He deadpans and slowly removes C4 from his pants.

He lifts his mask and gives me the cheekiest smile ever.

Haha, this guy.

"A fellow genius." I playfully punch his arm.

Ghost places the C4 on the door and we go back up the stairs until we're comfortable and positive it's a safe distance.

BOOM!

The C4 goes off and the door blows open.

We creepily enter the room and see something indescribable.