Part Thirty-Five: The Update

As we await tomorrow to come, we receive news from Laswell regarding the missiles.

Laswell has been investigating how the hell Hassan and Al-Qatala acquired American missiles in the first place.

Turns out the perpetrator was closer to home than we thought...

Commander Laswell discovered that a group working under Shepherd called the Shadow Company has been transferring American-made ballistic missiles to our allies fighting Russians in the Middle East, but the missiles were intercepted before they arrived at the destination.

Russian soldiers killed the Shadow Company on the mission, stole the missiles, and gave them to Hassan.

Laswell said that although Shepherd's intentions were good, the shipments of the missiles were illegal and off the book.

Instead of coming clean about the incident, Shepherd and a Shadow Company member named Graves covered up the incident.

I've only met with Shepherd a handful of times, but apparently Ghost had a lot of respect for him so he took the news hard.

Since this discovery, Laswell and the other members of Task Force 141 confronted Shepherd, only for him to grow defensive and betray us.

Graves, the Shadow working for Shepherd, has been tracking down Price and the others to "silence them" now that they know about the missiles.

But we know too, so it seems the Shadows may be paying us a visit soon.

During our last update, we were informed by Captain Price and the others that two missiles were located and secured. It appears the final missile is proving difficult to find.

Ghost and I provided Task Force 141 with our updates and we're informed to keep our eyes peeled for the Shadow Company.

This mission just got a whole lot more complicated.

After we spoke with Laswell I decided to do some research on this man they call "Graves".

Commander Phillip Graves, also known as Shadow-1, is the CEO of Shadow Company. Apparently, he's worked hand-in-hand with Shepherd and the special forces for many years and reports show he's quite the skillful soldier.

If Grave's comes for us it won't be an easy fight.

Ghost and I start preparing for worst-case scenarios, talking about strategy, and doing all the research we can on the Shadow Company.

Shadow Company is an elite secret unit of private military contractors that take direct orders from Commander Shepherd.

The Shadow's loyalty to Shepherd knows no bounds.

So if the Shadows are coming after us it's because Shepherd sent them...