Chapter 18.

Well I knew that he was going to be gone for awhile, so I decided to catch up on some YouTube videos i missed over the last few days. I loved to watch grav3yardgirl and Good Mythical Morning.I went into the kitchen to get another box of apple juice and i looked out the window to notice that Marks car wasn't gone from the driveway.

"Where could that man be?", I whispered to myself as I reached into the fridge to grab my juice. I guess I turned around too fast because I instantly felt dizzy and sick to my stomach. I regained my balance and immediately headed for the bathroom. I stood over the toilet for a solid 10 minutes, releasing the apple juice I had just drank. What is going on with me? I couldn't stand this sick feeling..

I cleaned myself up and went into our room to lay down for a bit. It wasn't too much longer after that when Mark came home.

"Honey I'm hoome," I heard Mark yell from the front of the apartment, "and I brought food!"

Yay, just what I needed. Fuel.

I straightened myself out and headed for the kitchen. I still felt like complete and utter crap, but I kept my cool for Mark. He had 2 brown bags of take-out food, probably Chinese. That explains why his car was still in the driveway. The chinese place is just a short walk from here.

"I hope you're hungry," I really wasn't all that hungry but, I could eat. I nodded, "Because I got us Chinese!" I knew it.

He got out the paper plates and dished our food out. I only asked for a little bit of Moo goo gai pan and a few chicken balls. Whereas he took almost the rest of what I didn't.

Finally we sat down and he said, "Is it good?" He smiled.

I laughed, "Maybe you should give me a chance to put some of it in my mouth before you ask that. " Then I looked down and got some moo goo gai pan on my fork.

"I suppose," he started, "but maybe you should have put it in your mouth before i asked"  he smiled sheepishly at me.

I just chuckled and nodded, obviously agreeing with what he said

"What did you do while I was gone?" He asked, with a slightly hushed tone.

I whispered back,with my hands cupped around my mouth,"I got the drugs"

He leaned back in his chair with a pleased look on his face, "I have taught you well." I giggled and got up from my chair. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his neck, letting my hands rest on his chest.

"Yes, you have." I kissed his cheek and then let go of him. I headed back over to my own seat. Sitting down I grabbed my fork and jabbed a chicken ball.

"And to that, we eat."

I began to feel sick again, so I pushed my food around my plate. Mark took notice.

"You alright?" He asked, sounding worried.

I smiled, trying to hide it, "I'm great!" I don't think he bought it. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, Mark." I grinned and began to force myself to eat, to show him I was definitely OK. I think that really made him believe my bold-face lie.

"My mom wants me to go to her house tomorrow," I started, "something she needs to tell me. To be honest I'm a little scared" I laughed, picking at my food again.

"She's gonna rough y'up" he looked at me and smiled. God i love his smile.

"Well, I sure hope not," I laughed, "I would get sent to the hospital and I wouldn't be able to see you" I said as I got up with my somewhat empty plate.

"I'd visit you everyday"

He always knew what to say. He was so sweet even when he's joking.

He got up and started towards the same way I was. He threw his paper plate into the garbage. I walked past him but then, I felt a hold on my arm. In one quick action he flipped me up over his shoulder, "Put me down," I laughed, "bully! Bully!". He carried me into the living room and sat me into one of the chairs. He kissed me quickly but then he ran off and I chased after him. I was just approaching the bathroom and I slipped on water that had been spilled on the floor earlier.

So now, I was heading face first into the floor. Fear came over my body in the quick seconds in which this took place. When all of a sudden,

Nothing.

I had gone black. I was on my side, laying there.

Motionless. My head was throbbing and I could feel it.

I felt no emotions. No pain. No nothing. I was numb all over and I was still just laying there.

Why hadn't I been noticed yet? Mark must have noticed I wasn't chasing him anymore.. He must have.. right?

I mean, I'm laying there, in the middle of the hallway. Probably blood spewing out my every orifice. And Mark hasn't even looked out to see where I've gone?

Nothing. I feel nothing.

I'm thinking slightly. I can't move. I'm paralyzed in this state.

Then I remember waking up. In a hospital.. In and out of consiousness.

"Patient slipped and cracked her skull open. There was minor bleeding and the brain tissue was punctured lightly. She was pregnant but miscarried, due to the incident."

Pregnant?

"She's coming to! Her eyes are opening." Came a familiar voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next chapter is partly Marks point of view, so be prepared for that.

Thanks for reading~!