CHAPTER 12

Hazel's POV

The sounds of the lunch's trays that were made when it was being put together with one another, students talking and laughing, queuing up, taking their lunch, playing around, filled the cafe as soon as I set foot inside.

I look around the cafe, hoping that Jordan is not here. During my whole avoid-Jordan-at-all-cost mission, I bumped into him a few times, but I always managed to get away before he saw me.

There's this one time when I just finished my class for the day, I saw him stand at the corner of the hall, talking with a bunch of guys from the football team. I hide below the table in a heartbeat like a total idiot, waiting for him to get out.

Then a few days later after that, I saw him talking with Cole and Aden near the guy's dorm as I was on my way to the campus's small grocery store just right in front of the dorm. I bolted back to the dorm like a lightning, and even fell down to the ground just as I was going into the lift.

And don't even get me started about how embarrassing it was when I had to get into the guy's toilet as I was surprised to see Jordan was just a few centimeters away, from where I stand, which is in the opposite direction, as we both are walking. To even imagine how it would be if we were to cross each other during that time scared the hell out of me. It's like my brain has stopped functioning. When I saw the door to the toilet was open, I immediately stepped inside.

Thank god the toilet was empty at that time, totally saving me from being accused as a perverted, freaky girl who loved to peek on the man's toilet. Even the thought of it freaks me out.

“Are you ready for your first cafe lunch experience, Hazel Jones?” Keira raises her brows at me. 

“Born ready.” I chuckled, nodding at her.

“Wow, is it always like this?” I added, as we stood there, queuing, to buy our lunch.

“Our campus cafe is one of the best.. you'll love it.” Kat replied, checking her phone as she talked with me.

“Where's Keisha? Will she be joining us?” She added to Keira.

“Oh, she had class..” Keira replied, Kat just nodded at her. I chuckled a little as I saw Roman managed to flirt with a bunch of girls that were seated not too far from the cafe's counter.

“So, cheese burger?” Kat looked at me.

“Sure.. and with a lot of fries.” 

“Two sets of cheeseburgers, with extra fries.” Kat said to Roman, as she patted his back. I chuckled as I looked at Roman's face.

“Make it three!” Keira yells at him, joining me and Kat towards the table.

“Oh, come on! Today was supposed to be Keira's turn!” 

The three of us laughed as we heard Roman yelling back at us, which brought some unpleasant stares from a few girls at the cafe. Especially the group of girls that Roman just flirted around just now.

Geez, I swear she could make it to the National team if rolling eyes become the national sport.” Kat chuckled.

I tried to contain my laughs as I glanced at the direction of the table where Nina, the second year bimbos are seated with the rest of her bimbos minions, of course.

“Isn't she and Aden Cullen, a thing?” Keira asked, her eyes full with anticipation.

“Who? Aden?”

“Yeah, Roman's freakingly hot cousin.” 

“Yuck, no. He did fucked her, but a thing? No, they are not.” Kat laughs a little. I shake my head as I see those smirks on Keira's face.