Chapter || 13

Eunji had been at Han River for about ten minutes. She was setting up her camera and getting the snacks together. She wanted everything to look perfect for when Jeonghan arrived.

When she was done she sat down and admired the beautiful sight. Han River was one of her favorite places ever. Just being there made her so happy. It held many of her childhood memories.

Eunji felt someone tap her shoulder and she turned around to see Jeonghan.

"Oh, Jeonghan! You're here!", Eunji exclaimed

"Yup. I hope I'm not late?" He smiled at her

"No, you're right on time." Eunji gestured for him to sit down.

"Good. I got this for you", Jeonghan said as he sat down. He handed her her favorite candy.

"I love these! How did you know?"

"Oh, you know, I just had a feeling."

"You asked Josh didn't you?", Eunji questioned

"Pff no.."

Eunji looked at him, unconvinced.

"Yeah I asked Joshua", Jeonghan laughed

"Well thank you. I appreciate it."

"No problem", He replied

Eunji grabbed the snacks and they both chose which ones to eat first. They sat in silence for a couple minutes taking everything in.

"So, how's Hybe been treating you?" Jeonghan asked

"Good, for the most part. I enjoy it a lot. But..." Eunji was unsure if she should share what's been bothering her. She didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable since they barely started talking.

"But what?"

"Sometimes it feels like a lot of pressure. Like they're expecting me to be the best at what I do. I feel like I have to meet their expectations or I'll disappoint them. And if that isn't enough, I'm in charge of all the other photographers and they look to me for instructions when I don't even know myself what I'm doing. I just feel unworthy I guess."

"I get it. I feel the same way often", Jeonghan said sympathetically

"You do?"

"Yeah. It's a lot of pressure being in the spotlight. I have to be really careful with what I do in the public eye. My fans think of me as someone so praiseworthy but really I'm just a regular person. My company wants me to keep my appearance 24/7. And I also have to make sure my fellow members are okay. They come to me for advice and comfort. Sometimes I wish I could talk to someone about my problems too", Jeonghan admitted

Eunji stared at him. He looked so sincere.

"You can talk to me. I know we just started talking but I'm here to listen to your problems."

"Thanks, Eunji. It means a lot to me. Same for you too." Jeonghan looked at her, smiling. Their eyes were locked until Eunji looked away.

"Thanks. It does get boring only talking to Joshua all the time."

"I bet it does" He laughed

"Want to take some pictures with me?" Eunji got up and grabbed her camera.

"Sure"

Eunji took multiple pictures of the river at different angles.

"Maybe you should try at this angle" Jeonghan leaned over Eunji's shoulder and adjusted the camera angle.

His face was so close to hers. Her heart was pounding in her chest. Their eyes met again but this time it lasted longer.

Jeonghan looked away, flustered.

"Sorry" He said awkwardly

Eunji's mind went blank and she couldn't find any words. She was blushing more than she wanted to admit.

She composed herself and continued taking pictures.

Jeonghan put his face in front of the camera and pouted.

"Hey!" Eunji giggled

"You're not paying attention to me anymore." Jeonghan sulked

"Ah, I'm sorry. I lose track of time when I'm taking pictures. Here, wanna try?" Eunji gave him her camera

Jeonghan really seemed to enjoy it. He took pictures of everything. Eunji caught him taking pictures of her too, which gave her butterflies. She had said, "Hey, not me! Take pictures of the scenery."

He responded saying, "But this scenery is too beautiful not to take pictures of."

He always said something that made Eunji's heart skip a beat.