"I've been looking for you I want to take you home, maybe get you some help." I took a couple steps towards her only for her to retreat back into a corner as if I was going to hurt her.

"Home? Child I am home." She cried and laughed hysterically

"No ma I mean to my home come on lemme get you cleaned up lord knows the last time you've had a bath and what about food I'm sure you're hungry." I took a few steps back hoping she would take me up on my offer.

"The last time I seen you, y-you ran off with that no good father of yours! and look you ran that man off where am I going to get my hit now!" She screamed

"I left because I had no choice ma but I came back, I came back for you. You don't need this stuff." I pleaded.

"You know what I don't need you! That's what I don't need now just get out! Get out!" She yelled like a rabid animal.

To say I was hurt by her words would be an understatement.

"Kells I think we should go." P put his hand on my shoulder for support

"I'll go but I'm coming back. I don't care how long it takes me but I'm getting you out of here." I looked her directly in her eyes so she could know I was serious.

I turned around to walk out.

"Kel-kelly baby wait." She called out

I turned around thinking she had changed her mind.

"Before you go can I get a couple dollars? I-I promise I'll pay you back." She pleaded

This woman standing in front of me I didn't even recognize her voice was shaky and her eyes were glazed over. I couldn't fix my lips to tell her no but I knew damn well what she would use that money for but I gave it to her anyway I'd rather do that than to have her do what she was about to do before I came in here.

Tears clouded my vision as I ran back out to my car with P hot on my heels. I climbed in the drivers seat and let out the ugliest cry known to man, P didn't judge me he just sat in silence. After a few minutes I cut my car on and got the hell out of there.

"You wanna talk about what happened?" P asked after a few moments of silence

"No I don't."

"Ok then well we got a meeting with Ace when we get back to the crib." He replied before scrolling through his phone.

We pulled up to the apartment complex I cut my car off and got out. Walking into his spot Jonica was sprawled out on the sofa and Ace sat across from her.

"Finally ya'll showed up." Jonica dramatically sighed rushing over to give me a hug

"How did it go with ya mom's?" Kevin came from the kitchen taking a seat next to Ace

A week into me coming back I linked up with Kevin and we went out for lunch just to catch up and talk about old times.

"What I expected she doesn't want to leave." I sighed sitting on the sofa next to Jonica who sat back down.

"Aye I've been down that rode and sometimes they don't want help, you're only gonna destroy yourself by wasting your time." Ace replied not looking up from his phone.

I didn't wanna hear that shit so I shot Kevin a look he was the only one that knew the full extent of my mom's history.

"So what we getting into." Kevin changed the subject.

"I got a job for us tonight nothing to major I know a guy that sells Diamonds all we gotta do is break in steal it take it to my guy to unload it and we get a mill." Ace replied leaning back in his chair.