"Maybe you could just leave me alone so I can walk home and warm up." He sighed and looked forward before tilting his head to look at me.

Why are you even acting like this?

Why are you asking me? Aren't we the same?!

Yeah well you're the dumber version of me.

Bitch WE ARE THE SAME!!!

You are a—

"I need to talk to you." Collins said, temporarily pausing the fight between me and me. I shook my head.

"It's late." I said and he nodded.

"Exactly, it's late and cold so Get. In." I don't know if it was the statement or the tone but whatever it was, it caused me to explode.

"Don't order me around!" I said angrily. Collins sighed and faced his front. I waited for him to talk back but was shocked when the window slowly began to go up and it was tinted so I couldn't see him anymore. I huffed. Rude!

Really? He's rude?

Don't judge me, you're me!

Another fight was about to ensue but didn't because I got distracted by the shadow emerging from his car. I didn't need any light to be able to decipher who it was. Collins slowly walked towards me till he has standing directly in front me. He was so close that I could see him clearly. Soft wool snuck onto my skin and I jumped but calmed down when I realized it was just his jacket. He wore it on me and let his hands linger on my arm while he stared at me with an indecipherable look. I gulped not because I was scared but because I felt strange. Something I hadn't ever felt before.

"Thanks for the jacket." I said as I tugged it closer to me hoping it would shield me from the intense gaze he had me under. It smelled like strawberry and I would've giggled at the feminine scent had we not been in what I concluded was a tension filled staring contest. It had to be because what other name would I give to what was going on right now? What happened to the bickering? What the fuck is in the air that it's so thick? He finally nodded in response, his eyes a bit distant.

"Yeah." He said and then there was silence. Mind numbing, brain freezing, air chilling—you get the drift—silence. I found I was unable to breathe properly and my angst grew with each second. I decided to do the one thing I did worst which is talk.

"So, how has life been treating ya?" I said and cringed immediately after. What the fuck was that?! What. The. Fuck. Was. THAT?!!!!!

Um, God you there? Yeah, it's your girl Olivia, I think I'm ready to go so if you could just do your thing and open this ground so it can swallow me I'd really appreciate it. Okay, thanks, bye!

Collins raised a brow and I literally shrunk. On most days, I had no shame so I was unable to be embarrassed but today, for some fucked reason, I had shame and I had it a lot. Could this day get any worse?

"Sorry." I said and he remained silent, still staring at me with this dark look that made goose bumps rise on skin. Although, I wasn't sure if it was the cold or his expression, probably both. I sighed, getting tired of the silence even though it had only been a few seconds.

"Aren't you cold?" I asked, genuinely concerned for him because I knew all too well how bad the Boseman winter could be.

"Lets get in the car." He said and I truly didn't have it in my to fight him any longer, not when he had so kindly given me his jacket and was staring at me like I was meat. We walked quickly towards the car and he opened the door for me. I flashed him a quick smile as I got in. His car smelled like coconut. I smiled. I turned to face him when he pushed his large body into the drivers sit, shivering like a wet cat. I suddenly felt guilty.

"Sorry." I said shyly and he turned to look at me with a shock expression. He smiled.

"No worries." He said as he started his car. I smiled back and looked out the window before we could stare at each other much longer. Whatever was happening really had to stop. I felt the light buzz of the car as the engine roared to life but I didn't feel it move. I turned to face him again only to find he was already staring at me. I gulped.

Good God.

I watched as his eyes slowly lowered to my lips and I swear I stopped breathing. Everywhere was suddenly so quiet the only thing I could hear was the cars engine and the heavy thud of my heart beating furiously against my chest. Sweat trickled down my neck and down into my shirt and my breath hitched as his eyes followed the bead of sweat till it disappeared. He looked back up at me and everything stilled. My brain, my heart, everything hit PAUSE. The only thing alive was my body and I almost died when he suddenly grabbed my neck and slammed his lips on mine.