15

We walked into the mall and I gasped. Last time I had been in a mall, I was nine years old. I looked around and a smile tugged at my lips. How much did I miss out on?

"Let's grab some food." Kevin said and I nodded. We walked into the food section and he ordered some fries and ketchup with two cans of Pepsi. Then we made our way to the female clothing section.

On our way, I saw the kids section and suddenly got drawn to it. My mum and I used to go here all the time when I was a kid. Back when we still could. My eyes stayed glued to the mother and daughter in the store.

Kevin was too busy stuffing his face with fries to notice I had stopped. The mother grabbed a pair of pink sneakers and showed the little girl and she beamed, her eyes sparkling out of pure happiness.

Once upon a time, there was a good girl...

I used to have sparkly eyes. There was no pain. There was just....

Peace.

"Olivia?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Kevin with a raised eyebrow. He looked into the kids store and stared back at me, confused.

"You okay?" He asked and I shrugged, walking away from the store but not before my eyes locked with the emerald green eyes of the little girl. He followed closely and soon enough we made it to the female clothing section.

My eyes widened at the sight in front of me. So many different varieties of clothing and underwear.

I looked at Kevin and he was already on his way to the dresses. His eyes scanned the rails, his fingers brushing gently against them.

Blue.

Black.

White.

Yellow.

Pink.

Red.

He stopped in front of the red dresses and picked out ten, walking to the changing room. I gasped and followed him, getting worried. He didn't expect me to try out everything till he found the perfect one, did he?

"I want you to try out these dresses till we find the perfect one." He said with his hands on his hips, and with a very bossy tone. He reminded me of Audrey, a cellmate of mine.

She died because she loved the wrong person.

I quickly shook the dark thoughts away before they could ruin my excited mood. "Okay boss." I said with a smile. Who knew Kevin could be so bossy?

He shoved the dresses into my hands and grabbed his Pepsi. I glared at him for a moment before turning around and walking into the small changing room.

Just great.I thought as I stared at the dresses Infront of me.

***

"Fifteen dresses later." Kevin laughed at my attempt to mimick the guy from SpongeBob SquarePants.

"You sound like a constipated whale." He said in between fits of laughter. I sighed and sunk into the chair beside him. I wasn't sure I could keep going. We had already finished our food and I was so exhausted.

"I don't know if I can keep this up." I said, leaning back into the chair and throwing my head back. I closed my eyes. He glared at me and I sighed.

"Your date's tomorrow and I made a promise to make you look like a beauty goddess and I will." I sighed.

"Besides we haven't even picked out heels." I groaned.

Please stop stressing me out Kev.

"Alright get up." He was back to his bossy side. I pretended not to hear him and stayed on my spot. He sighed and grabbed my arms, pulling me to my feet. He grabbed one of the dresses and handed it to me.

I reluctantly grabbed it and grumbled my way to the changing room. I shut the door and removed the straps from the hanger. Removing my clothes, I tried it on.

The dress didn't have a zip so I didn't have to go through the trouble of zipping. I adjusted it, dragging it till it reached it's full length which was at my ankle. It was a strapless, silk, red dress. It had a V-neck which revealed a very provocative amount of cleavage. It was backless and exposed a whole lot of my back, reaching just above my bum.

The dress was absolutely beautiful and hugged my hourglass shape very tightly. When I looked into the mirror on the wall, I couldn't believe my eyes.

And now, there's the goddess.

I grinned at my image and I knew that this was the one. I tried to remove some of the wrinkles before proudly walking out of the room.

Kevin had his eyes glued to the screen of his phone and was too distracted to notice my presence. His eyebrows were furrowed and he seemed very bothered, almost scared. I walked closer to him and cleared my throat.

He looked up and his phone fell from his hands, adding to my already boosted ego. I smirked at him, the shocked expression on his face making me to feel myself.

However, it was soon replaced by a proud smirk. He stood up and circled me before letting out an excited squeal. I laughed and he joined me.

"Shiiiiiiiitttt." He said.

"Collins' gonna be kissing your freaking feet." He added.

How did he know his name?

Does it mean that Xavier and Collins were actually brothers and that's he found out? If so, why didn't he ever mention it?

I decided to ask him later, since I really wanted to enjoy the moment.

I offered him a smug smirk. I didn't think my ego could grow any further.

"I almost couldn't believe my eyes." I said and smiled. He hummed in agreement. "Neither could I."

"Just wait till I do your hair and make up tomorrow. You'll be too beautiful." He said. I laughed and walked towards the changing room.

I changed into my clothes and grabbed the dress gently, since it was very delicate. I joined Kevin again. He held a pair of black heels in his hands. I winced.

"I've never worn heels before Kev." I muttered and he smiled. I had never worn heels before, and this particular pair was very high.

He waved me off muttering something like potato potahto under his breath. "You'll be fine, and we can practice at my place."

I hope Austin won't be there. On second thought, I'd like to ask him what he meant by danger.

I shrugged and he grinned. We trashed the cans of Pepsi, paid for the items and left the mall. By the time we were out it was dark.

We waited outside of the mall for a taxi. Kevin and I talked and talked for what felt like minutes but was actually an hour. When he checked the time we both burst out laughing.

"Well we better get home and get some rest. I'll see you Olly, get some of that beauty sleep okay?" I smiled and nodded.

He stopped a cab and got in but not before stopping to wave at me and blow a kiss. I rolled my eyes but caught it anyways. He grinned, got in and disappeared into the darkness.

I stood, waiting for a cab as well when I noticed someone watching me from afar. I narrowed my eyes and watched this person closely. The person was across the street and behind the street lamps, hidden by it's shadows and even more hidden my the bushes there. The dark outfit said person wore made it hard to see him or her even more.

But the person never stopped watching me. Even as I got into a cab and drove off, he or she watched. But before the cab turned the corner, he stepped out under the light and I gasped, before the cab turned and he was gone.

Xavier.

A/N

Yikes, not who I was expecting either.