10

I tried to act cool, but I couldn't. I excused myself and went to the restroom. Kevin asked and pestered me to tell him what was wrong but I was starting to have a serious headache.

I sat on the toilet and pressed my palm on the metal walls of the cubicles. Via. I knew Kevin even before now. Childhood bestfriends? Oh God. I ran my hand down my face and sighed deeply. I was tired and I needed some rest. Austin and my mum were together but why did I forget? Why could I not remember certain things?

I walked back outside to see Kevin counting some cheques. I joined him again, sitting on a three legged stool. I drowned in my thoughts once more as Kevin counted the cheques carefully. When he was done he said,

"Um Olivia?" He called, snapping his fingers Infront of me. I snapped out of my daze and finally gazed at him.

"Everything alright?" He asked, his voice filled with concern. I gazed at him for a moment, gathering my thoughts.

Austin. He was my mum's boyfriend so, why didn't he just tell me? What was the point of being so roundabout? He wanted me to remember though. Could there be something he's trying to tell me that he can't say explicitly?

Kevin. He was my childhood friend apparently. He called me Via because his dad did too. So he had a crush on me? I smiled inwardly at the thought.

Something was off though. If Austin was actually that close to me and my mum then why would he behave the way he did?

"I'm fine, just remembered something." I ran my hand through my hair and cracked s reassuring smile, seeing as he didn't quite believe me. He shrugged then said, "Kk."

He walked over to the snacks machine and put in a quarter while I returned to my thoughts.

Olivia be a good girl, okay?

The sentence popped into my head and it began to ache badly. I held it and squeezed lightly, trying to ease the painful pangs. Flashes of images in my head. That was what I saw before I fainted.

***

Faint whispers. Murmuring. A scream and then light. I jumped down from the bed I was on and immediately winced, the sunlight almost burning my lenses. I placed the back of my palm on my eyes, adjusting to the light.

Something felt soft. A cotton made robe was wrapped around my body. It was so soft that it was like standing while still tucked in bed.

I wriggled my toes and looked down. I was standing on a rug made of brown fur. It was also very soft. I didn't have a rug in my room. So then....

I gasped, jumping off the rug immediately. This wasn't my room, it wasn't even my house.

I began to search desperately for my clothes and an escape route. I didn't find them and the only way out was through the door. I grabbed the lamp from the bedside table and headed to the door.

Just then, the door opened. I froze, tightened my grip on the lamp and raised it to a position ready for hitting.

Kevin poked his head in, "Olivia?" He called then walked into the room fully. He froze when he saw me and his widened.

He narrowed his gaze suspiciously and slowly walked towards me. "What are you doing?" He asked with his hands on his hips. I gulped and dropped the lamp back on the table, flashing him an apologetic smile.

He shook his head, walking to the bed as I sat on the edge. "What were you doing with a lamp anyway?" He asked, walking to the window and lifting the shades.

"I thought I was kidnapped." I said, watching as he walked into the bathroom and returned with my clothes. So that's where they were.

"Kidnapped by who?" He asked, dropping the clothes on the bed gently. I flashed him a thankful smile and he returned it.

"Maybe I'm the daughter to a mafia Don and don't know it so they came to take me." I grinned at my own joke and he shook his while chuckling.

"Dress up, Olivia. Come outside so you can eat when you're done." He said, walking to the door and opening it.

"Okay dad." I said and he rolled his eyes at me before walking out.