6

He didn't seem to want to look away and neither did I. His eyes were such a sweet brown, they were like caramel. He smiled at me but it didn't even reach his eyes. Then a certain red haired walked over to him and gave him the most flirtatious smile ever given, but he didn't seem phased. Infact, he frowned immediately, but Kristen was determined to get his attention, pfft slut. "Olivia, pick up." Ned the chef said as he rang the bell and I went to pick up the order. The rest of the day, I worked my butt of taking orders, picking them up and attending to a whole lot of demanding customers. Although, I avoided a certain table and that was table nine. Kristen sat with him the whole day and since I was avoiding the table I couldn't go over there to drag her away, besides that Kevin was absent. Kristen eventually stood up from the table but Collins didn't leave, he was on his phone and had his whole attention on it. Sometimes he would look up and our eyes would meet but he'd quickly look back down at his phone. Now I was clearing the last table and that would be it before I went home. I was so exhausted, all I wanted was a good twelve hours of sleep. I dropped the tray in the backroom of the diner where I was washing dishes the other day and walked out.

Someone cleared their throat behind me and turned around and my eyes met his. He smiled at me and I faked one back. "How are you Olivia?" He asked, his voice sounding very stressed. "Fine." I wanted to ask him who the person he and Catherine were talking about was but, he looked so tired and stressed that I decided against it. He nodded his head and closed his eyes for like two seconds before sighing, turning on his heel and walking away. Whomever it was that he and Catherine were talking about earlier was definitely bugging him but I decided that it was none of my business so, I waited till he left and then I left.

***

I was walking home when I decided to stop and buy a taco. I payed for it and  continued my walk home. A black benz pulled over right beside me and kept following me. I stopped and the window came down and a smiling Collins politely asked if he could take me home. I wanted to say no because of security reasons but I found myself saying yes. I was exhausted and it was a free ride in a fine ass car, I couldn't say no. He hopped down and quickly opened the door for me. I smiled at him in appreciation and slowly walked towards the car. I got in and he closed the door. As he made his way to his door, I quickly reached into my bag and pulled out the small knife in it. He seemed like a nice guy but then again I don't trust anyone. He soon got in and started driving.

There was silence in the car before he asked, "So, could you tell me about yourself?" Should I? Miss Catherine did say to not get involved with him. Oh whatever. What was I going to tell him? That I spent  five years in juve and two years in prison and just got out because of good behaviour? Nope. "Erm, there isn't much to say. I'm twenty years old and I love sports, chocolate and grapes. I'm allergic to strawberry and I'm a sucker for astrology and astronomy. That's about it." He smiled then laughed. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What's so funny?" He just kept laughing and then he sarcastically said, "Gee, don't drown me in details." I rolled my eyes. Honestly, I told him way more than I would've told anybody. He should have been thanking me instead giving me sarcastic remarks.

"So, you like astrology?" He asked, his eyes on me now. I gave him a duh look and he smiled. He smiled a lot but I thought it was cute. "So what's your sign?" Why was he so curious to know about me? Maybe I shouldn't have gotten into this car but it's to late now. "Erm, Sagittarius." He looked quite surprised. "Really?" He asked curiously. "Yes." I simply said. He stares at me for a while before looking back at the road. "I'm also a fan of astrology." He said. "Cool." I answered and then there was an awkward silence in the car. "You know, people under the Sagittarius sign keep a lot of secrets.." his voice was very serious and I felt very uncomfortable. "Do you have any secrets Olivia?" He asked but he didn't sound the least bit curious, he sounded like he already knew the answer to the question but was just asking. The air was tense and I wanted to get out of the car badly. He didn't seem so nice anymore.

"Would you like to know a little about me?" He asked, seeing as I wasn't going to answer his question. "Sure." He smiled and said, "Well, I'm thirty and I hate sports, I find football very boring. I also love chocolate and I hate fruits. I'm not allergic to anything, not that I know of. My zodiac sign is Aquarius. I don't really know much of my family members except my mum and my stepbrother, Xavier. My dad was a prolific asshole but I still loved him." Aquarius? They are the sensitive ones. I guess that explains why he smiles so often. Not that bad but I've never really known an aquarian. Wait a second, did he just say he has a stepbrother named Xavier?!!