14

He blinked then flinched as if he could feel it. But he couldn't. Nobody could. Just me.

"Olly-" I stopped him, raising my palms to the air. I didn't need his sympathy or pity. I was fine- ish.

The memories always haunted me. All the blood and tears he always left on my bed every night after that first night. He made sure to torture me, hit me, touch me and...

I turned away from him. Didn't want him to see what a wreck I was. Such a screwed up thing I was.

Sometimes I wondered why I didn't just die in jail. Or maybe I could've killed myself instead of him. If I had, none of this would've happened. I would be rotting six feet under the ground with maggots or maybe I'd be in hell, but I'd pick hell over being alive anytime.

I chuckled when I turned around and saw Kevin in tears. He shook his head and looked down.

"Nobody deserves to go through that." He muttered and I smiled. "No one." He added.

Perhaps. But the fact is that everyone does. Whether you're screwed up from your childhood or in you adulthood, the basis is that all humans are screwed up in one way or another. Some just don't show or don't know.

I hummed in agreement. He looked at me and winced at the smile on my face. He was probably expecting a different expression. However, a smile was all I could muster. He didn't even know the half of it.

I walked closer to him and patted his shoulder before turning around and getting back to work. I would speak no more of this. It would stay in my mind, haunting me, where it belonged.

Olivia, be a good girl okay?

How the fuck did Austin know about that statement?

***

"I want a double decker burger, some chicken nuggets and a coke." The brunette said and I wrote it down on my note pad.

"You?" I asked the blonde sitting across from her. She looked up at me and rolled her eyes. I secretly fantasized about plucking it out. "It's not like there's anything that good here anyway. I'll have what she's having." I nodded and walked away. However not before I heard a few vulgar words come out of her mouth.

Such a bitch.

I swallowed my anger and went to give Ned the order. He sighed, wiping some sweat from his face. He gave me a look once he read the order and I chuckled. He sighed, clearly frustrated.

"What's with these Americans and grease?" He said, his Mexican accent more profound because of his apparent anger. I shrugged and offered him a comforting smile as I said,

"It's good." He scoffed and handed me the food of the customers in table fourteen and six.

"You'll all die of obesity, trust me. The other day I saw this lady in the beach, having a sun bath-" He dropped some meat on the grill and pressed it with his spatula. "Could barely carry herself when she wanted to stand." He said shaking his head. I laughed and he joined me.

"I mean, it wouldn't hurt to eat a little fruit." I only snickered and carried the food out of the kitchen to serve the customers.

I noticed that table nine was occupied and I suddenly felt hot.

Bleh.

I hated the feeling. Like I was out of control. I wanted it to go away, fast.

Collins sat on one of the chairs, dressed in a black suit. I gulped. Why was he so good looking? No fair. I thought as I walked towards table six. I hoped he wouldn't see me, considering the fact that where I was headed was very close to his table.