38 || DISAPPOINTMENT

October 12 | 10:40 am

I woke up to Keysi shuffling in her sleep and a distant banging noise. "Keysi who is that." I grumbled, burying my face into her chest. "I don't know, go see." She said as the banging continued.

I huffed, opening my eyes and getting out the bed and throwing on something quick to go see who was at the door.

We hadn't gave nobody the address to our apartment yet so we didn't know who could be at the door this early. I looked through the peep hole and scrunched up my face, immediately opening the door. "Sahil." My mom said looking me up and down.

"What you doing here?" I said leaning on the door as she invited herself in, looking around. "You living here?" She said analyzing the place.

It wasn't the the fanciest place but it was stable and something for me and Keysi to be away from everybody since it was 20 minutes away from our hood.

"Uh yea." I said as she judged everything. "What happened to new york?" She said. "Some stuff got changed." I said and she scrunched up her face. "What changed that made you settle for this?" She pointed around.

"Just some stuff that happened." I said as footsteps traveled down the hallway. "Who was at the door?" Keysi yawned, coming out the room in her bra and my boxers. "What the hell is going on?" My mom said looking between me and Keysi.

"Hey Ms. T-" My mom cut Keysi off. "What are you doing here? I thought you were Rhyon's friend? You staying here with her?" She rambled on and I ran my hand down my face in embarrassment.

I ain't never really talked about Keysi to her, mainly because she's never here to know anything that's going on with either of her kids.

"Yes." I mumbled, looking at Keysi. "So this why you didn't go to new york?" She yelled and Keysi scrunched up her face. "You had a plan, you was suppose to be out of the streets and in new york to open back up your father's business. And you dropped all that for some girl?" She said and I looked at Keysi who was confused about everything.

"She not just some girl." I said but she continued yelling in my face. "I don't care! This is so stupid of you, you didn't go to college and now you just wanna stay in chicago and do what? die on the streets like your dad?" She said and I looked up to see Keysi not in the room no more.

I didn't say anything back, just used my best defensive mechanism. Silence.

"I don't like this Sahil, I didn't raise you to be like this. You see Rhyon went off and she doing something with her life but you picking a relationship that's not even gonna last over doing what's best for you?" She said quieter. "You didn't raise me at all." I mumbled.

"Speak up, since you so grown and buying shitty apartments with this little ass girl." She said pushing me. "I said you ain't raise me and you ain't raise Rhyon either. I paid for her to go to school, not you. You wasn't even around enough for you to stand here in my house and tell me what i'm supposed to be doing." I said feeling a slap go across my face, bringing back memories.

"Your father would be disappointed. He lived that life so you didn't have to and you choosing to do it anyway, all for what? street cred? respect? THIS GIRL?" She said and I just stared at her with lines streaming down my face. "I love that girl so I don't care about nothing you talking about. " I said.

"Love get you killed, it happened when that bitch set your father up and it's gon happen to you too if you keep being dumb." She said bumping pass me and walking out the door.

It's crazy how she being so loud about my father when they wasn't even together when he died. When he left her for the girl that set him up and she's preaching to me about it.

I walked to the back, seeing Keysi sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at the wall. "Keysi." I said standing at the door. "Why didn't you go Sahil?" She said looking at me. "Because I rather be here with you." I said walking over to her.

"She don't even like me." She laughed to herself, putting her head down. "Nun of that shit matter to me Keysi, you should know that." I said. "You okay?" She asked noticing my face was damn near pink. "I'm straight, that's just how she is." I shrugged sitting down next to Keysi, as she rubbed the side of my face.

"All i got is you Keysi."

I hated seeing him like this but I couldn't even focus on that at the moment

I hated seeing him like this but I couldn't even focus on that at the moment. Everything that his mom was saying just ran through my mind. He really loved me enough to stop his life for me, sad to say that I couldn't see myself doing the same for him.

He needed me and I wanted him, i'm realizing how much were not on the same page. Does he love me more than I love him? Did i ever in the first place?

Been waiting for a genuine relationship my whole life now I don't know if i'll even be able to maintain it.

"I know, we doing this life shit together." I said kissing his face as I felt his tears drying up. He wrapped his arms around my waist and just held me as we fell back on the bed, we stayed like that for what seemed like forever.

I started to doze off in his arms until my stomach started feeling weird making me remember. "Bae we gotta go get the plan b" I said shaking him out of his comfort. "Huh?" He said rubbing his eyes. "The pill." I said and he jumped up.

mommy and daddy love you but no wait your time, we young and turnt rn

𝓚

𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙

𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙

"parents ain't around enough"
/ super rich kids